ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else have issues with 3rd gen Audio Technica 3000 series?  (Read 571 times)

Justin Quinn

Re: Anyone else have issues with 3rd gen Audio Technica 3000 series?
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 07:25:47 pm »

Justin,

I had problems with Early AT 3000 series; generations 1 and 2. They would drop out seemingly without reason. Infact, I almost avoided buying anymore because of that.  But a local rep convinced me to try gen 3 by loaning me some for a show. They worked very well.  The rep told me that AT units do not like metal cabinets. I don't know. I use several 3rd gens in the C band and have had no trouble.  I also use several of the 4th gen and they too have been very reliable. No dropouts and signal through several concrete walls even. 

I think Mike is correct when he says that a tv signal or something else is squashing the signal.  One time, about 8 years ago,  a friend and I were doing a local school show using his 12 Shure SLX and my 8 AT 3000's and all of a sudden EVERY mic went out. This was about 10 mins. before a show. It turned out that several barges were going up or down the river and they crushed every wireless. When they left the area all of them came back up.  Is there an industrial complex near  your location?

Scott
Nope, rather rural area.  Again, everything is coordinated with WWB using scan data from Shure units albeit, not off the AT distros.  The antennas are remote mounted in the back of the auditorium, approx 100' from stage

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2020, 07:45:46 pm »

Nope, rather rural area.  Again, everything is coordinated with WWB using scan data from Shure units albeit, not off the AT distros.  The antennas are remote mounted in the back of the auditorium, approx 100' from stage

I think you need to get into the rack one way or another and see how the AT receivers are really being fed from the distro.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 01:08:25 am »

The results are clearly different.  I'm highly suspicious of the house installation.  Hit by lightning?  "Helping" hands inside the rack?  Something's up.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 01:08:25 am »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.