ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dark Day  (Read 5594 times)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: The Dark Day
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 12:27:35 PM »

Totaly agree. Jason
This was pulled from under us. Sudden panic and employers dumping jobs. Their have been many “Dark Days” in the past history. 9/11 was the Darkest Day our nation faced. This now is a global storm but will pass very soon. I have great faith in the current administration. We as a Nation always make a comeback from “Dark to Light” . This light will be stronger than ever with great economical comeback. We will have shows Bigger Than Ever.
Be safe and be prepared.
Wow.
Comparing this pandemic to 9-1-1 is just wrong.
"global storm but will pass very soon"
ummm. What rock have you been hiding under?
Our hope for an end comes with the introduction of a vaccine. Once it is developed and tested, of course.
Anyone care to guess how long it will take to manufacture, distribute, and vaccinate 10's of millions of people?
No, this is going to be around for quite a while.
"great faith in the current administration"
The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing / saying.
Quite a shit mess of confusing information, and lack of information.

I have quite an interest in all this.
I'm in my 60's, had a kidney transplant and am on immunosuppressants, and I'm diabetic.
My wife is older than I am, and has severe resperitory problems. She has been hospitalized 3 times in the last 2 years for a week at a time while they get her lungs back to sort-of working.
We are the poster couple for those that are being killed by this virus.
I am not ready to go just yet. I still have a lot of complaining to do  >:(
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 05:37:47 PM »

Wow.
Our hope for an end comes with the introduction of a vaccine. Once it is developed and tested, of course.
Anyone care to guess how long it will take to manufacture, distribute, and vaccinate 10's of millions of people?

I'm in my 60's, had a kidney transplant and am on immunosuppressants, and I'm diabetic.
My wife is older than I am, and has severe resperitory problems. She has been hospitalized 3 times in the last 2 years for a week at a time while they get her lungs back to sort-of working.
Chris.

Good luck to you, Chris, and to others in your situation. I hope you can stay away from the bad stuff, which is dependent on human contact to spread. I hope your area has food delivery and that you have the means to ride this out.

Thanks, too, for you and others quoting a post that can serve as a good example of why you need to think for a while before hitting the "Post" button if venturing into sensitive territory.

I've had to learn that lesson more than once and have had to think more than once about my posts in this and other recent threads around this topic. I've chosen to post most of the time rather than not because the epic demonstrations of incompetence if not criminal behavior that we've seen in the U.S. at the top, which previously were mostly* only financially or politically egregious if not dumbfounding(other than the caging of immigrant families and a few others-- which seems astounding to write out), are now crippling our society and literally changing our way of life, as well as ending a bunch of so far other people's lives.

The intentional reduction of capability to meet such a threat, plus the denial and minimization of the threat UNTIL TODAY is all beyond criminal. To read that someone, in their heart of hearts, has full confidence in our leadership (assuming they are in the U.S., not always a valid assumption here) and is happy voice it before realizing what they've done and feeling obligated to delete, says a lot that further gives me a sad. As if there aren't enough of those already.

Hopefully that's  a learning experience for that poster (I've had plenty of those and will probably have more) and also that our leader is finally waking up-- ignoring for now the early reports that Jared's brother has started a company to monetize virus testing somehow. If that proves true....

Anyway, good luck to you and the others who've reported being immune system-challenged.

*The EPA standards weakening has to turn bad at some point, too.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 07:48:56 PM »

Wow.

Chris.

Chris;

Best of luck to you. My wife is home with stage 4 cancer so I know how hard it is to worry about a loved one with this virus going around. I am the reverse of your transplant. I gave a kidney to my brother September 12th 2006. His health is only fair so again I hope this current pandemic passes without reaching family.
Take care and do what you can to stay isolated.
Douglas R. Allen

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 08:26:58 PM »

My county (Marin) just sent a notice that every resident and non-essential business should stay home for 3 weeks starting at midnight.
The list of exceptions is pretty long, selling and buying food for instance.
I have one employee at my machine shop and no walk-in customers, so we may keep working until martial law is declared. ::)

Good luck and health to all!  The zombie apocalypse starts . . . NOW!
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2020, 01:19:28 AM »

All:  keep your political opinions to yourself please.

I'm in zero tolerance mode here.  It's bad enough on social media; we don't need it here.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2020, 08:50:47 AM »

Chris;

Best of luck to you. My wife is home with stage 4 cancer so I know how hard it is to worry about a loved one with this virus going around. I am the reverse of your transplant. I gave a kidney to my brother September 12th 2006. His health is only fair so again I hope this current pandemic passes without reaching family.
Take care and do what you can to stay isolated.
Douglas R. Allen

Douglas, you are a rare breed indeed.
Thank you for your sacrifice. Your brother is more fortunate than most could recognize.
In my case, I got the transplant less than a month after being put on "the list". I was scheduled to start dialysis, but got "the call" before I started.  the donor (June, 2015) was a stroke victim. Perfect health, except that he died.
According to the transplant team, I am in very good condition, and I intend to stay that way.

Yes, it sucks watching family fade away. As I said earlier, my wife is being hospitalized more often, and for longer terms each time. 10 days in late February early March. Her lungs are giving out, and the steroids she is on is not helping her heart.
She is largely house bound, but I cannot afford to get this virus, and end up bringing it back to my home. I'm a tough old bird. I'll likely survive. She won't.

Best of luck to you and your family.
Stay safe.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2020, 08:50:47 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.