ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ease Focus Issue Can't Open GLL (RCF)  (Read 4213 times)

Pierre Sironi

Ease Focus Issue Can't Open GLL (RCF)
« on: March 04, 2020, 09:00:37 AM »

Hello,
I'm trying to use Ease Focus to shoot some RCF speakers. (RCF ART 735-A MK4)
I found the GLL file on the RCF website but when I import it on ease focus it says "The following System definiton is not licensed for the current version of the application...".
I tried with EF2 same message as well.

How can I open my GLL, or maybe you know another program like ease focus that can read and shoot external speakers ?

Thank you for help.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 10:35:37 AM »

Hello,
I'm trying to use Ease Focus

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Ease Focus Issue Can't Open GLL (RCF)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 02:03:51 PM »

Hello,
I'm trying to use Ease Focus to shoot some RCF speakers. (RCF ART 735-A MK4)
I found the GLL file on the RCF website but when I import it on ease focus it says "The following System definiton is not licensed for the current version of the application...".
I tried with EF2 same message as well.

How can I open my GLL, or maybe you know another program like ease focus that can read and shoot external speakers ?

Thank you for help.

There are two types of GLL files - ones that are free to the manufacturer and only work in EASE, and ones that cost the manufacturer that work in EASE Focus. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Pierre Sironi

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 03:08:06 PM »

There are two types of GLL files - ones that are free to the manufacturer and only work in EASE, and ones that cost the manufacturer that work in EASE Focus.

Ok, so unfortunately, it seems to be GLL files for EASE only since they are free. Too bad I can't use EASE. Thx

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 11:30:09 PM »

This must be an error on the side of either RCF or AFMG.

You can open de GLL in Ease GLL Viewer, and the info states that the data is authorized by the manufacturer (RCF), like all other RCF GLL's.

Have you tried asking RCF about this?

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 01:48:07 AM »

You can open de GLL in Ease GLL Viewer, and the info states that the data is authorized by the manufacturer (RCF), like all other RCF GLL's.

I've recently noticed more GLL's from RCF are not Ease Focus compatible.  All the older ones, at least for the TT series, used to be.  I haven't used much RCF recently so haven't asked them. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Rich Frembes

• Fulcrum Acoustic
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 10:11:37 AM »

Data is authorized by the manufacturer in that they can certify they generated the GLL data (an industrious user could also measure a loudspeaker and make their own GLL if they were a bit touched in the head).

A separate paid-for license / authorization file is required for the GLL to work in EASE Focus.  The license structure IMHO is set up to add a few boxes from a line array system at a reasonable price.  Add 30, 40, 50 or more point source boxes though and costs add up quickly. I'm only aware of a few manufacturers that have licensed their entire EASE catalog for use in Focus.

Full disclosure: Fulcrum recently became one of these manufacturers. It was silly expensive but in the end totally worth it. It's pretty much the only free-to-user platform that allows you to compare data from multiple manufacturers.

Pierre Sironi

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 01:46:27 PM »

I asked RCF, they replied that the ART GLL are licensed for EASE FOCUS 2, not 3. But this statement seems wrong since I can't open it either on EF2. I tried with other random GLL of the ART models, same license message...

Indeed this is working in EASE GLL Viewer though.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 01:46:27 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.