ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Networking for EW500G4 and WSM  (Read 1020 times)

Mathew Saturnino

Networking for EW500G4 and WSM
« on: March 03, 2020, 11:57:27 AM »

Good morning.

I'm the FOH tech at Revival in Toronto. We're running an EV X-Line Advance PA, and upgrading our wireless mic fleet at the venue.

I have recently purchased 4 x EW500G4 935 kits with 2 x directional antennae and 1 x ASA214 splitter.

My question is, I would like to run WSM to monitor the mics from FOH. I do have 4 CAT6 lines on stage, 2 run to FOH and 2 run to my amp/server room (where my amps connect into the network, they're TG7 amps with RCM28 OMNEO network cards).

In order for me to get these mics on the network, can I run them through a 5-port switch to get them onto the network at the venue? If so, does the switch need to be managed or can an unmanaged switch work for this application?

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Miguel Dahl

Re: Networking for EW500G4 and WSM
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 12:08:04 PM »

Good morning.

I'm the FOH tech at Revival in Toronto. We're running an EV X-Line Advance PA, and upgrading our wireless mic fleet at the venue.

I have recently purchased 4 x EW500G4 935 kits with 2 x directional antennae and 1 x ASA214 splitter.

My question is, I would like to run WSM to monitor the mics from FOH. I do have 4 CAT6 lines on stage, 2 run to FOH and 2 run to my amp/server room (where my amps connect into the network, they're TG7 amps with RCM28 OMNEO network cards).

In order for me to get these mics on the network, can I run them through a 5-port switch to get them onto the network at the venue? If so, does the switch need to be managed or can an unmanaged switch work for this application?

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Yes. But you need to select the correct IP ranges if this can be ran along with your audio network. I don't know how your network works but when running dante I set the receivers in Auto mode in the same network as Dante and they will be given a Dante (169.254.x.x) IP so I can look at them from FOH on my laptop which is on the dante-network.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 12:10:21 PM by Miguel Dahl »

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 02:04:14 PM »

Good morning.

Good morning!

You'll need to follow the forum rules before anyone (else) will help you. You must have your Display Name set to be your real, full name. This thread will probably locked until you've fixed your Display Name.

-Russ

Mathew Saturnino

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 02:28:45 PM »

Good morning!

You'll need to follow the forum rules before anyone (else) will help you. You must have your Display Name set to be your real, full name. This thread will probably locked until you've fixed your Display Name.

-Russ

Thanks, Russ! Looks like it autopopulated that to where my name should be. All fixed.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 04:01:41 PM »

Thanks, Russ! Looks like it autopopulated that to where my name should be. All fixed.

Welcome, Mathew!

That should work just fine; WSM doesn't need anything special at the Ethernet layer to work.

-Russ

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 04:01:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.