ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Side fills  (Read 3440 times)

Bob Kidd

Re: Side fills
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 12:17:57 PM »

Definitely confirm in a conversation with someone who can decide.
Items on a rider tend to be negotiable.
Confirmed with TM. Hopefully once band arrives they will change their minds. Lol

Bob Kidd

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 12:19:28 PM »

SRX835 over SRX828 is a good combo.  My bet - the band shows up with either IEMs and wants to hear the monitors, too, or wear earplugs and then need 120dBA wedges to hear the foldback.  Good luck.

Lead is the only one with IEM but still wants 2 floor wedges. Per TM.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 12:24:24 PM »

It's a shame their ego's are more important that their music or fans (or being invited back)....
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2020, 12:38:09 PM »

It's a shame their ego's are more important that their music or fans (or being invited back)....
Chris.

This is actually their 2nd time at venue. Mixed them last go around and they were pretty chill. No side fills. At time band was just getting back on tour after some personal issues derailed them several years ago. Were popular band early 2000s. All this is coming from TM.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 03:04:25 PM »

This is actually their 2nd time at venue. Mixed them last go around and they were pretty chill. No side fills. At time band was just getting back on tour after some personal issues derailed them several years ago. Were popular band early 2000s. All this is coming from TM.
That right there scares me......
Guess you'll report back on how the gig went....
Could be just the TM's idea of what is needed. Hopefully the band remembers you, and the "chill time"
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Dave Jarrell

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2020, 06:22:26 PM »

SRX835 over SRX828 is a good combo.  My bet - the band shows up with either IEMs and wants to hear the monitors, too, or wear earplugs and then need 120dBA wedges to hear the foldback.  Good luck.
That’s why I made the comment below in the “Lowering the volume” thread

What a great thread.......it always amazes me when I start bringing monitor levels up for some bands that they want things so loud.....then I often take a look around and realize that they are all wearing earplugs.....I understand the concept of trying to protect your hearing, but how about if we take the damn 20+ dB reduction plugs out and turn down.....that would solve a lot of problems for everyone!

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2020, 07:32:14 PM »

Lead is the only one with IEM but still wants 2 floor wedges. Per TM.

I've learned that this IEM and wedges requirement typically means that the one using both will be pulling the IEMs out of their ears during the show (and could be multiple times during the show).
I had a lead doing just that because she needed to "hear the band" on stage better - I guess the direct feed was too direct and she was missing the stage/venue sound.  This issue was solved by suggesting that she require audience mics on the input list and having them dialed into her IEMs.  Once she had these mics dialed in she was more comfortable with the IEM mix and ditched the wedges. 

Dave Guilford

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 09:20:09 AM »

.  Once she had these mics dialed in she was more comfortable with the IEM mix and ditched the wedges.

And of course now we have to consider “would a wedge just be faster on the load out?”

scottstephens

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 09:26:00 AM »

[/quote've learned that this IEM and wedges requirement typically means that the one using both will be pulling the IEMs out of their ears during the show (and could be multiple times during the show).
I had a lead doing just that because she needed to "hear the band" on stage better - I guess the direct feed was too direct and she was missing the stage/venue sound.  This issue was solved by suggesting that she require audience mics on the input list and having them dialed into her IEMs.  Once she had these mics dialed in she was more comfortable with the IEM mix and ditched the wedges.

Yep. This!
Scott

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2020, 02:06:15 PM »

And of course now we have to consider “would a wedge just be faster on the load out?”

Certainly not faster than the lead walking away with her ears. 
Easier on the back to strike two mics and stands.  They take up less space in the pack too. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2020, 02:06:15 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.