ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avid Profile question.  (Read 1862 times)

Al Rettich

Avid Profile question.
« on: March 02, 2020, 08:37:24 PM »

Hey y’all.  I’ve got a Profile that’s starting to show signs of HD failure.  Wondering if anyone knew if I could replace it with a SSD? If so, if anyone knew of where I could find a profile recovery kit?

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
Re: Avid Profile question.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 04:09:41 AM »

Replaced our SC48's with an SSD with no issues, you can probably do the same with the profile. You should have gotten a system recovery CD with the console. I can maybe grab our and rip an ISO but would need to find a PC with a DVD/CD drive first.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Eric Vogel

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 07:18:07 PM »

Hey y’all.  I’ve got a Profile that’s starting to show signs of HD failure.  Wondering if anyone knew if I could replace it with a SSD? If so, if anyone knew of where I could find a profile recovery kit?
Dshow FOH rack and MixRack have 3.5" IDE drives, SC48 has 2.5" SATA drives.  Finding 3.5" IDE SSD is troublesome.  You could do some mechanical and electrical adapter trix to get the 2.5" SATA to work with profile but....

What I have done with our 2 Profiles for the last 10 years on the road is I keep a spare 3.5" IDE HDD for each console with a fairly recent 'mirror image' of the installed HDD.  They have had failures on the road, and it was a simple matter of swapping the failed drive with the 'mirrored' clone drive replacement - quick - no reinstallation of OS/updates/plugins/shows.

I would boot the FOH rack with a utility disk (CD or USB FD) to copy or mirror existing HDD to a spare, then copy that spare to another HDD.  You will need a usb to HDD/SSD adapter for this.  When FOH rack is booted to utility disk I usually also perform HDD performance tests.  You can also save a backup of your drive to USB FD or external drive, and use that image to restore.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 07:18:07 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.