Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV Forum

Presentation-grade Skype?

(1/3) > >>

Peter Kowalczyk:
Hey Folks,

My client sprung on me at our final event of this years Adventure Slide Show Series that he wanted to have someone 'Call In' and do a live video call.

We used Skype from the presentation laptop, which was already connected for audio and video into the system.  It worked fine in soundcheck, but, you guessed it, had problems during the program.  Poor audio quality, lots of dropouts.

Relying on a Wifi connection for the skype call was surely a bad idea.

Aside from a hard-wired connection to the network, how do people do this sort of thing in a professional setting?

Thanks!

Jean-Pierre Coetzee:
https://www.quicklink.tv/products/quicklinktx/

Probably this will work. Use to be a Riedel product.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Peter Kowalczyk on February 28, 2020, 02:02:06 am ---Hey Folks,

My client sprung on me at our final event of this years Adventure Slide Show Series that he wanted to have someone 'Call In' and do a live video call.

We used Skype from the presentation laptop, which was already connected for audio and video into the system.  It worked fine in soundcheck, but, you guessed it, had problems during the program.  Poor audio quality, lots of dropouts.

Relying on a Wifi connection for the skype call was surely a bad idea.

Aside from a hard-wired connection to the network, how do people do this sort of thing in a professional setting?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Gotomeeting commercial, scales as far as you want.

Jordan Wolf:
I rather like the Zoom API, itís clean on the end user side and onsite power-user/admin is straightforward.

Peter Kowalczyk:
Thanks all.

I love the idea of a hardware solution like that Quicklink Tx, but I pinged their sales dept. for pricing and it's out of reach at this point.  I'll look into the web-based solutions you mentioned if this comes up again.  It will have to wait for next year's speaker series...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version