ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Meyer Lina Different Back Panel  (Read 3194 times)

Andrien (No Last Name)

Re: Meyer Lina Different Back Panel
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 09:23:18 PM »

I think your distributor has some explaining to do.  For me it's the presence of Chinese characters, lack of serial number and the difference in the quality of the silk screen printing, the genuine Meyer seems to have much sharper lines.  The RMS networking feature is listed as "optional" in the Lina datasheet.  If I were a distributor I'd have the fully optioned model for demonstrations as it's hard to sell what one does not show... but that's up to your regional distributor.
After checking around, the information that we currently gather is that for that module it is actually intended for APAC and that's why the Chinese character appears for that local market
That doesn’t look like a legit Meyer speaker to me. The XLR connectors aren’t even the same kind that are used on pretty much every Meyer speaker.

I’ve seen some really close Chinese copies of musical instruments that only a well trained eye could tell. This looks like a Chinese copy of a Meyer. If you got this through a Meyer authorized distributor, then they are probably not going to be one for much longer.
I wonder on that too, right now they confirmed that the unit is original as is and they do provide Meyer warranty card. The box does ship from Singapore.

If your in EMEA call Meyer in Dubai. Trust me they are more than willing to assist end users. If the USA then call one of their offices there.
I'm from Indonesia, doesn't have much luck tho.
Serial number usually isn't on the amp module, though the module itself might have its own serial number inside.  The speaker's serial number is on the side of the cabinet.
This is true, I have a gut feeling that the written serial number is refferenced for Network ID (NID). We do have confirmation from our friend that the unit as far as he saw it is original as he does receive same unit without RMS. From the Church point of view this investigation is done, but I might still do some deeper digging. I wish I could really trus the Made in America stamp but this region is also well known for fake stamp  :-\
In the end I would like to thank you all for your help, as much as I would like to pursue this further but the Church decision is kinda final. Anyone from APAC who would like to chip in is more than welcome, cheers.

Nathan Salt

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 04:13:30 PM »

Had a demo unit of X40 here in Australia and it has Chinese characters. Also RMS is definitely an option, as we don't use it.
Nathan Salt

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 06:00:50 PM »

Perhaps a stupid question, but would Smaart (or SIM, if that's your thing) tell you the answer? I'd surprised if a knockoff would have the same frequency and phase response as the real deal.

-Russ

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 10:08:04 PM »

To quell the rumors and clarify:
  • RMS is optional on LINA
  • The Chinese characters on the label are not odd/wrong
  • Your boxes are fine
  • The connectors are normal.  They’re Amphenol.
Some of our boxes (USA) are ex-demo stock. They have the Chinese characters as shown. Others do not. I do not know if the label was a standardization/generational change (ie - one label for all regions) or if it truly is regional. But if your distributor is the ONLY one for that country, they’re likely not manufacturing fake boxes. If you’re really truly concerned, call Meyer Sound HQ in California and have them run the serials.

The number below the orange Phoenix blocks is the NID and pertains only to RMS. The speaker serial is on the product nameplate on the side of the box. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 10:13:07 PM by Brian Bolly »

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2020, 11:26:57 PM »

Had a demo unit of X40 here in Australia and it has Chinese characters. Also RMS is definitely an option, as we don't use it.
Thank you so much, this really assure things up.
Perhaps a stupid question, but would Smaart (or SIM, if that's your thing) tell you the answer? I'd surprised if a knockoff would have the same frequency and phase response as the real deal.

-Russ
I'm not qualified to tune the system so I can't really change anything they setup  8)

To quell the rumors and clarify:
  • RMS is optional on LINA
  • The Chinese characters on the label are not odd/wrong
  • Your boxes are fine
  • The connectors are normal.  They’re Amphenol.
Some of our boxes (USA) are ex-demo stock. They have the Chinese characters as shown. Others do not. I do not know if the label was a standardization/generational change (ie - one label for all regions) or if it truly is regional. But if your distributor is the ONLY one for that country, they’re likely not manufacturing fake boxes. If you’re really truly concerned, call Meyer Sound HQ in California and have them run the serials.

The number below the orange Phoenix blocks is the NID and pertains only to RMS. The speaker serial is on the product nameplate on the side of the box.
Thank you too for this clarification. This is inline with some of our friends also that says that is original unit with similar statement in regards to NID (for information the serial is really on the side not at the back). As much as distributors goes, we do have our woes with one of the sole authorized distributor (though not them) thus raise the paranoia on our technical teams (something to do with mic filled with sand  :'( ). This is our first experience with Meyer Line Array and as it is not cheap investment we are a little bit more careful this time around especially they do have failed promise and a bit of miscommunication on their side (something to do with Galaxy being replaced with the older Galileo).

Thank you all again for your concern and clarification, this last post really provide peace of mind.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2020, 11:26:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.