ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to buy anything similar but the VRX932LAP  (Read 4642 times)

Tommy Shannon

• Marketplace
Re: Looking to buy anything similar but the VRX932LAP
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2020, 10:45:07 AM »

I heard EAW Anna demoed again at NAMM this year.  I didn't get exact pricing, but the EAW sales person stated pricing as " about the same as other first tier line array systems - about $10K per foot".  He was pretty much correct.  A 20' long top tier line array is about $200K worth of gear per side.

What was your impressions from the demo? How does it compare to other high end systems in similar price/performance/application categories?

Taylor Hall

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2020, 11:42:52 AM »

The EAW Radius line is worth looking into. Great performance, uses the same modeling and DSP control/monitoring app as Anna/Anya (though without the steerable options), and is well within the OPs budget per box if you go through an EAW dealer, and especially if you get some B-stock.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2020, 01:09:17 PM »

DAS Audio might be something worth looking at

Taylor Hall

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2020, 01:39:16 PM »

DAS Audio might be something worth looking at
We demoed DAS a couple years back and while they were ok, they were definitely not as good as other options. Also the Vantec range that you posted is only available in constant curvature and limited to hangs of 5. The Event line (which is what we demoed) can do specific angles and larger hangs. I know they've made updates to the line since then (particularly in DSP which they were sorely lacking before) so I can't comment on newer models.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2020, 03:34:02 PM »

What was your impressions from the demo? How does it compare to other high end systems in similar price/performance/application categories?

As indicated, I had heard Ayna and Anna before in outdoor demos.  The NAMM demo was in a reasonably small room, but the control over the coverage was again impressive.  With the material presented, the sound quality was about as good as anything I've listened to.  I also listened to the "loudspeaker roundtable" in the arena a couple of times. Without naming names there were definitely distinct tiers.  1st class speakers that all sounded good and very similar, a second tier that had noticeable differences but could work depending on what the content was and maybe just needed a little EQ, and a couple of systems that just didn't sound good at all.  Of course this was just my opinion, and others may have judged things differently.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2020, 03:34:02 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.