ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extra Large Cases  (Read 524 times)

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
Extra Large Cases
« on: February 13, 2020, 01:42:15 pm »

Does anyone know of a case large enough to store/transport Clearsonic Sorber pads that are 66x24"? Ideal case thickness would be around 12" but could go up or down a bit.

Don't need super heavy duty, would rather not pay for custom. Clearsonic only has cases for their plexi panels and small (22x24" pads)

If it were a little wider & taller the SKB 3R6820-20B-EW would work and even a lighter duty case would work. Mostly just wanting to keep the pads from folding in half when being moved around.

Thanks

Philip

scottstephens

Re: Extra Large Cases
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 03:27:14 pm »

Phillip,

I think just putting these in a case will scratch them all up. Won't you have to wrap them in something first? I THINK any case that size would be custom except maybe a big truck pack case. But those  cost a couple grand each unless you buy used.  Check out roadcase usa. Or maybe a local carpenter.

Scott

]

ThomasA(lbenberger)

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 04:34:05 am »

you could try orchestral instrument cases, for example vibraphone cases or such.

i would diy the case.

Riley Casey

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 09:02:42 am »

Your sig says church forum so a question is, are you looking for cases to move and store the panels around a church building every Sunday or are you looking for cases to load in and out of arena venues with a different IA crew five days a week? Video screen cases are the closest thing I can think of in terms of over all size but if it's the moving around the church scenario some half inch plywood and a weekend in a wood shop would serve.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 09:26:51 am »

You want an A-Frame "scenery cart" and some packing blankets and a ratchet strap.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Philip Roberts

• South West MI
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 01:06:28 pm »

Your sig says church forum so a question is, are you looking for cases to move and store the panels around a church building every Sunday or are you looking for cases to load in and out of arena venues with a different IA crew five days a week?
It would be in between. Various student volunteers need to move it around a university campus in their cars so it can't be too big of a case.

I think just putting these in a case will scratch them all up. Won't you have to wrap them in something first? I THINK any case that size would be custom except maybe a big truck pack case.
While I'd love a case for the clear plastic panels it's the sound absorbing panels I'm more worried about right now. I've seen people carrying them with two folds across the short axis. :(
https://www.clearsonic.com/collections/sorber-sound-absorption-baffles/products/s2466

I've run across the Expo line of cases from Bel Air Case, their largest size would probably do what I need but a couple extra inches of thickness would be nice.
https://www.allcases.com/products/expo-case-5/

DIY may still be the best option however as then I can get something that's exactly the right size.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 01:19:27 pm »

It would be in between. Various student volunteers need to move it around a university campus in their cars so it can't be too big of a case.
While I'd love a case for the clear plastic panels it's the sound absorbing panels I'm more worried about right now. I've seen people carrying them with two folds across the short axis. :(
https://www.clearsonic.com/collections/sorber-sound-absorption-baffles/products/s2466

I've run across the Expo line of cases from Bel Air Case, their largest size would probably do what I need but a couple extra inches of thickness would be nice.
https://www.allcases.com/products/expo-case-5/

DIY may still be the best option however as then I can get something that's exactly the right size.

I think casing up either the acrylic panels or the Sorbers and having volunteers transport them in personal vehicles is a stunningly BAD IDEA.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Philip Roberts

• South West MI
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 02:34:40 pm »

I think casing up either the acrylic panels or the Sorbers and having volunteers transport them in personal vehicles is a stunningly BAD IDEA.
I don't disagree but I know that it's beyond what I can stop. :/

It's not my panels so I can only recommend solutions.

Philip

John P. Farrell

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 03:03:14 pm »

Various student volunteers need to move it around a university campus in their cars so it can't be too big of a case.

If this is the case (hee hee) then Clearsonic used to make a padded bag that would work well for you.  Trying to get a road case of the proper size into any car is asking for issues IMO. 

JF
FOH/PM Blackberry Smoke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 03:03:14 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.