ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley SH69 vs. Meyer X40?  (Read 8077 times)

Scott Helmke

Re: Danley SH69 vs. Meyer X40?
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 09:54:44 AM »

My Meyer rep has told me that the X40 is the best selling speaker that they have ever built. They have sold more of them since launching than some of their other models combined. So much so that they as a company were surprised by it and had to double down on the manufacturing. The list price for the X40 is only $5,600. Street price should be a bit less and put it within competition of the UPA. Plus it's lighter, and has a plethora of substantial rigging options for a variety of installations.

The boss liked the X40 so much that we sold off our dozen-or-so UPA's and replaced them with X40/X42.  I'm totally good with that decision.

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 01:05:27 PM »

The boss liked the X40 so much that we sold off our dozen-or-so UPA's and replaced them with X40/X42.  I'm totally good with that decision.

Yeah, 52 lbs and a built in pole mount, beats the hell out of my 75 lbs and none (upa-1p's)...... and all the new rigging options are just (expensive) gravy !

Heard the X-40 at infocomm.  Had good luck comparing to what I'm familiar with,  because Meyer used one of my go-to test tracks in their (superb) demo.
Excellent sound.... ........       it, the Danley Studio One and a couple of Alcon models, rang my bell.

Swinging back to thread title.....if I were looking at X-40 vs a similar Danley, i think it would be the SM-96 at 73 lbs...certainly not the SH-69....

I think the coverage angle of a straight walled horn doesn't narrow as much with increasing frequency as with curved wall horns,
so polars are worth delving into imo ....that is, after the smell test, or should i say HEARING test is completed  ;)
I'd like to see the horn walls of the X-40 without the grille on.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 03:08:51 PM »

so polars are worth delving into imo ....that is, after the smell test, or should i say HEARING test is completed  ;)
I'd like to see the horn walls of the X-40 without the grille on.
Here's a picture of the naked X-40, somewhat similar to the 1980's JBL bi-radial, but large enough vertical dimension to control vertical dispersion to a lower frequency.

Mark Wilkinson

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 03:51:13 PM »

Here's a picture of the naked X-40, somewhat similar to the 1980's JBL bi-radial, but large enough vertical dimension to control vertical dispersion to a lower frequency.

Thanks Art,

i wonder if Meyer will sell me just the horn,  haha

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 04:35:02 PM »

Thanks Art,

i wonder if Meyer will sell me just the horn,  haha
Thought you had "sworn off" diffraction grates  ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 04:35:02 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.