ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Routing Questions  (Read 2860 times)

Rick Bennevendo

X32 Routing Questions
« on: February 10, 2020, 02:30:42 PM »

Hi - I'm a newbie at this and have some pretty basic questions. I have included a diagram to show what I want to achieve. My setup will be
two SD8's - one on the left side of the building and one on the right side of the building. They will be connected to AES-50 A & B at
the X32 digital mixer. The left one (A) will feed the left house speaker and two floor monitors and the right one (B) will feed the right
house speaker and two floor monitors. I will only be using input channels 1 through 16 on the mixer; 1-8 being fed from SD-8(A), and 9-16
fed from SD-8 (B).

So...do I setup the inputs as AES50 A1-8 for the left SD8 (A), and AES50 B9-16 for the right SD8 (B)?
   With this setup (if it's even correct) could I use only channel 16 as a local input for a wireless mic receiver, or, is that now only dedicated to AES50 B?

My main question:
How do I set up the outputs for the SD8s (A&B) to feed my monitors and house speakers from each SD8, according to how the example diagram shows it?

Thanks,
Rick <><

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: X32 Routing Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 11:25:05 PM »

With the latest firmware update, you can mix and match inputs getting around the block of 8 limitation that was there before.

Alternatively, you can soft patch a channel as well and put it anywhere you want.

For your outputs, you have 16 outputs to work with.  Assign 1-8 to one and 9-16 to the other. Then you can assign the outputs as needed.  Alternatively, since you only have 6 outputs, you could assign 1-8 to both units and then your outputs would be available on both sides of the stage.
Brian Jojade

Rick Bennevendo

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 10:47:11 PM »

Brian,

Thanks a million for the response. I saw 78 (or so) reads, but only your response, and I'm desperate here! :( What I need to know is exactly how to assign those outputs so that I have the first 7 on each SD8 (I'm sure I'll never use that many) as aux outs, and the last one - on the SD8-A for left house speaker - and last one on the SD8-B for right house speaker. The diagram was just an example. How do I assign this on the board? See the attached image?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 06:31:34 PM »

Brian,

Thanks a million for the response. I saw 78 (or so) reads, but only your response, and I'm desperate here! :( What I need to know is exactly how to assign those outputs so that I have the first 7 on each SD8 (I'm sure I'll never use that many) as aux outs, and the last one - on the SD8-A for left house speaker - and last one on the SD8-B for right house speaker. The diagram was just an example. How do I assign this on the board? See the attached image?

There are only 6 aux's on the x/m32 are you calling the XLR outs aux's? 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Joe Pieternella

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 01:19:06 AM »

Scott,
I believe Rick is calling the mixbusses auxes, lots of people do because monitors used to be controlled through aux busses in analog boards.

Rick
You need newer firmware on your x32 to do what you want, version 4 or higher. Save your scenes,library files,presets and settings on a USB beforehand.
In these versions you can create your own blocks of 8 for routing.
You need to make three, one for your first Sd8, one for your second and the third one with AES50 B1-7 + Local (x) where x is whichever channel you decide you want to plug your wireless mic into.

Your routing should then become
Channel 1-8: AES50 A1-8
Channel 9-16: User 3

For your outputs
AES50 A1-8: user 1
AES50 B1-8: user 2

Joe

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 01:19:06 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 26 queries.