ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 80 Channel Digital Mixer Board Recommendation  (Read 6157 times)

Andrien (No Last Name)

80 Channel Digital Mixer Board Recommendation
« on: February 06, 2020, 04:43:28 AM »

Hi, I'm helping for a friend looking for a digital mixing system for around 80-96 channels. His current system basically an iLive T-112 with 64 channel stage box plus additional Behringer X32 for additional 32 channel in which he put at the stage most of the time and mix it remotely using Ipad. His budget is around 10 grand and some system we are quite interested in is the DLive CDM64 plus additional DX168 but it is quite expensive in our location and the used model is quite rare right now (they do have the S series for about 25 grands used which was quite more than his budget).
If anyone have any recommendation for mixer board around that price that use digital snake are welcome. I almost recommend the Soundcraft SI Expression but the last 16 processing channel is actually stereo so it is not a true 80 processing channel mixer. Thanks all.

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
Re: 80 Channel Digital Mixer Board Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 05:20:52 AM »

His budget is around 10 grand
Currency/location?

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 08:48:58 AM »

Currency/location?
Indonesia, Rupiah. I'm not sure whether the price will match exactly but on average the price here is about 10-70% higher than the state.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 12:18:49 PM »

With that budget and channel count requirements you might be hard pressed to find something even used.

Bob Stone

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 02:34:02 PM »

Yeah, budget is tight. Maybe two 40-48 channel boards chained together?

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 06:14:37 PM »

If anyone have any recommendation for mixer board around that price that use digital snake are welcome. I almost recommend the Soundcraft SI Expression but the last 16 processing channel is actually stereo so it is not a true 80 processing channel mixer. Thanks all.
Did you look at the SC Performer?
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Mark Oakley

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 06:49:54 PM »

His current system basically an iLive T-112 with 64 channel stage box

The iLive system can be turned into a 128 Input, 32 bus system if another iDR-64 is added and run in Dual-Rack mode. You'll need an ACE card in the master Mix-Rack to do this. Probably cheaper than 10 grand, but it might be hard finding used iLive gear at this point. The process is explained in this manual:

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/iLive-Fixed-Format-Getting-Started-Guide-AP7141_6b.pdf

-Mark                 
Oakley Audio

PeterMorris

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 06:50:47 PM »

Hi, I'm helping for a friend looking for a digital mixing system for around 80-96 channels. His current system basically an iLive T-112 with 64 channel stage box plus additional Behringer X32 for additional 32 channel in which he put at the stage most of the time and mix it remotely using Ipad. His budget is around 10 grand and some system we are quite interested in is the DLive CDM64 plus additional DX168 but it is quite expensive in our location and the used model is quite rare right now (they do have the S series for about 25 grands used which was quite more than his budget).

The cheap option is to buy another stage box for the iLive and run it in dual rack mode.

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Understanding-Dual-Rack-Mode-in-iLive-29SEP11.pdf

Other than than that your best option is a dLive C class with a CDM64 + a DX32.  FWIW I have the S5000/DM64/DX32 ... just fantastic!

Edit - Hi Mark .... I like your idea ;) ... I think we posted within seconds of each other.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 08:20:03 AM by PeterMorris »

Mark Oakley

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 06:53:06 PM »

The cheap option is to buy another stage box for the iLive are run it in dual rack mode.

Beat you by 53 seconds, Pete! Great minds (and A&H users) think alike.

-Mark
Oakley Audio

PeterMorris

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 06:53:37 PM »

Beat you by 53 seconds, Pete!

-Mark

twice now ...Haha

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 06:53:37 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 24 queries.