ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asius - ADEL - IEM's (reference to Live Sound Article  (Read 1415 times)

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
Asius - ADEL - IEM's (reference to Live Sound Article
« on: February 05, 2020, 07:22:50 PM »

I was reading the Jan 2020 Live Sound International magazine and there was an article by Becky Pell about IEMs and the future,  and it spent a lot of time talking about ASIUS IEM's with ADEL technology.

I got excited and went looking for more information and ran into a lot of dead ends.
On more ththan one forum people were talking about ASIUS' Indi Go Go campaign, funds drying up, phones not being answered, promises not met, etc, etc...

ASIUS website looks like it hasn't been updated in ages.

Do they even exist?

Is this tech available (She made it sound like it was in existence as of the writing of her article)

Also,
How old is that article?
From what I could find, the project has been dead for well over a year.
If they knew the company had for all intents and purposes, folded as a going concern, it would be good info to include a note/disclaimer saying research has stopped.

I'm sad that this isn't a product I cannot buy.  It really sounded promising in the article

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Asius - ADEL - IEM's (reference to Live Sound Article
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 07:36:15 PM »

Hey Steve,  long time no see!

Your question is probably best directed at Keith Clark, the editor. Sometimes he has articles on file that escape captivity after their "best when used by" date.  Not sure what the case is here, though.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 11:12:41 PM »

Hey!  I've just been working, laying low, lol!

Man I'm telling you, the description of those IEMs sound like a game changer.  Sure wish I could buy some.

I am aware of the significant lag that print media takes (but that one is probably 16 months old minimum.  Really caught me off guard)

I wish someone would make those IEMs though!

Hey Steve,  long time no see!

Your question is probably best directed at Keith Clark, the editor. Sometimes he has articles on file that escape captivity after their "best when used by" date.  Not sure what the case is here, though.

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 01:06:43 PM »

I don't trust much of anything that exists on a crowdfunding platform. if you have a product so good that it is actually a game-changer, you can pitch it to any bank, or group of investors and sell it. Most crowdfunded items are scams designed to take money from a group of people's pockets and place it into the person who is selling vaporware.

I have not used or seen a product related to IEM's that is so good it is a game-changer. What I see makes IEM's work the best is great operators with techniques and tools to make it work right. A great IEM engineer can go a long way further I think than even the most expensive IEM options there are.

I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

John P. Farrell

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 01:54:04 PM »

I don't trust much of anything that exists on a crowdfunding platform. if you have a product so good that it is actually a game-changer, you can pitch it to any bank, or group of investors and sell it. Most crowdfunded items are scams designed to take money from a group of people's pockets and place it into the person who is selling vaporware.

Speaking of that, has anyone else's Facebook and Instagram been overrun by the JBL indegogo campaign?  I realize it's not the touring dept but Harman using that platform to sell headphones really grinds my gears. 

JF
FOH/PM Blackberry Smoke

Andrew Makinson

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 08:46:21 PM »

I wish someone would make those IEMs though!
64audio used the ADEL module in their early models of CIEMs. Now they use their APEX module. I have the A6. Still the same game, but more fun to play than with my other CIEMs.
--
Andrew Makinson
Grace Covenant Church
Chantilly, VA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 08:46:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.