ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Quality Wireless Guitar  (Read 3829 times)

Steve Garris

Quality Wireless Guitar
« on: February 03, 2020, 05:42:47 PM »

I need to recommend a quality wireless system for a guitar player. He is currently using a 2.4G wireless setup, but it has dropouts. He is ready to purchase something of very good quality. My search came up withe an older post discussing the Line 6 X2, but this was a 12 year old thread.

So what does everyone recommend? Please note I am not wireless knowledgeable so please take it easy on the acronyms.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Quality Wireless Guitar
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 06:51:55 PM »

Sennheiser G3 or G4 systems, the body packs also have an option for different input loading for passive pickups.

2.4ghz and wireless mics do not work well together right when you need it to work!

Jay Marr

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 07:16:54 PM »

I use the Shure GLXD.  Works very well AS LONG AS I keep my distance from any 2.4g routers.
Line 6 have had more interference issues for me.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 11:12:20 PM »

I need to recommend a quality wireless system for a guitar player. He is currently using a 2.4G wireless setup, but it has dropouts. He is ready to purchase something of very good quality. My search came up withe an older post discussing the Line 6 X2, but this was a 12 year old thread.

So what does everyone recommend? Please note I am not wireless knowledgeable so please take it easy on the acronyms.

Check out Lectrosonics and Shure QLXD. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 12:55:29 AM »

I use the Shure GLXD.  Works very well AS LONG AS I keep my distance from any 2.4g routers.
Line 6 have had more interference issues for me.

I've had excellent luck with the Shure GLXD systems as well. I've even used multiple GLXD guitar and a few GLXD mics at the same time in all sorts of venues and it has always been rock solid. They are also very well built, medal body packs, rechargeable batteries, tons of batter life, sounds just like the cable, etc.

Lev Raber

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 11:27:46 AM »

There are many new and used system options, how much money your guitar player's willing to spend?
Mine is using GLXD set up for about 4 years now with no issues, but I had different musicians on different systems in the past, mostly Shure (ULXP, UR, ULX, QLXD, ULXD). 1 guy with Line 6 had signal drop outs and another with Sennh G3 had a solid performance, but wired noises when his transmitter was off. I also have seen some violin and percussion players on AKG, which definitely could be used for WR guitar as well.

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 11:31:32 PM »

FYI the Shure GLXD system that has been recommended by a few folks on this thread works in the 2.4GHz bandwidth space so that might be a no-go for the guitarist friend of the OP. 
Sennheiser is always rock solid.  EW100 G4 wireless should be a great choice. 

Steve Garris

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 01:34:51 PM »

FYI the Shure GLXD system that has been recommended by a few folks on this thread works in the 2.4GHz bandwidth space so that might be a no-go for the guitarist friend of the OP. 
Sennheiser is always rock solid.  EW100 G4 wireless should be a great choice.

Correct - the 2.4 is a no go. The Senn EW100 G4 looks promising - thanks.

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 03:38:03 PM »

I had different musicians on different systems in the past, mostly Shure (ULXP, UR, ULX, QLXD, ULXD).

Since no one has mentioned it, be aware that Shure's ULX-D and QLX-D can cause interference with some guitars (and some microphones, for that matter).

-Russ

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 03:49:44 PM »

Since no one has mentioned it, be aware that Shure's ULX-D and QLX-D can cause interference with some guitars (and some microphones, for that matter).

-Russ

Tell me more about the possible interference, please. What should I be aware of/watching for?
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 03:49:44 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.