ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SPL Measurement System for Loudspeaker Specs  (Read 3398 times)

Alberto Escrina

• STS Sound Touring Systems
Re: SPL Measurement System for Loudspeaker Specs
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 12:11:59 PM »

Thank you Scott and David.
I didn't realize ARTA has a SPL logger with such features.
I will also download the Smaart SPL in demo mode.
Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Alberto Escriña
R&D for STS Sound Touring Systems
Buenos Aires,
Argentina

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 01:36:48 PM »

Hi Alberto-

Are you monitoring total system SPL/LEQ during performance for compliance reasons or are you trying to make comparison measurements of portions of the system?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Magnus Högkvist

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 01:49:13 PM »

Any of them can do this. Some are more focused to amplitud and phase measurement, and some to noise measurement like the one I remembered after posting, from Wavecapture: https://www.wavecapture.com/RTCapture3.html at $ 550.
The logging capabilities are more noise measurement oriented, I think.
I'll will compare features and prices on your suggested products.
Thank you very much.

If WaveCpature is the type of software You are looking for there is also https://www.10eazy.com/

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 02:24:23 PM »

Thank you Frank, Tim about ARTA,
I'm familiar with it and with the tremendous work developed by Ivo Mateljan since 2005/2006 in conjunction with LIMP and STEPS.
I believe it is a powerful toll that can be customized to any particular task but, not precisely for what I'm looking for, which is a Peak, Average, Leq, SPL logger for analyzing sound systems output behavior.
I will keep looking for other portable solutions more focused to my particular needs.
Thanks again for your help.

The first post sounded like you'd want data for each speaker enclosure for speaker data. This post sounds like you're looking for something like 10EaZy.

Alberto Escrina

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 03:59:14 PM »

We are manufacturers. We make .gll ballon data for Ease and EaseFocus and provide complete electroacustical information on our systems.
Max Peak and Average SPL levels are among them.
One of our engineers was taking a look to Smaart and ARTA and, yes, they can trace an SPL history but it seems it will include C weighting that can't be taken out. We need SPL to be Z weighted (unweighted). Systune does it, but just freezing the higher value, and no history plot.
It looks Wavecapture can make everything we need at $ 550. We must run their demo to see how it works.
I was taking a quick look to 10EaZy and, besides it is a Smaart V8 plug in, his intended use is for live SPL monitoring in order to not exceed set levels for compliance reasons. That's what Tim was talking about.
Thank you folks.
Alberto Escriña
Buenos Aires,
Argentina

PeterMorris

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 03:18:05 AM »

We are manufacturers. We make .gll ballon data for Ease and EaseFocus and provide complete electroacustical information on our systems.
Max Peak and Average SPL levels are among them.
One of our engineers was taking a look to Smaart and ARTA and, yes, they can trace an SPL history but it seems it will include C weighting that can't be taken out. We need SPL to be Z weighted (unweighted). Systune does it, but just freezing the higher value, and no history plot.
It looks Wavecapture can make everything we need at $ 550. We must run their demo to see how it works.
I was taking a quick look to 10EaZy and, besides it is a Smaart V8 plug in, his intended use is for live SPL monitoring in order to not exceed set levels for compliance reasons. That's what Tim was talking about.
Thank you folks.

Hi Alberto,

What do you use to generate your GLL balloons?

Sunil.Karanjikar

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2020, 11:42:33 AM »

I would recommend the NTi XL2 for the requirement you have. Although this is a hardware solution, It is class certified and allows logging for all data.
https://www.nti-audio.com/en/products/xl2-sound-level-meter

Simon Lewis

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2020, 05:59:09 PM »

You may also like to consider the CLIO system (see http://www.audiomatica.com/wp/?page_id=2255 ).

It has quite comprehensive test, reporting and post processing facilities (including 3D balloons, waterfall plots etc.) and is used by at least one large speaker manufacturer for QC purposes...

Alberto Escrina

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2020, 06:42:32 PM »

Peter / Simon, when I said "we want to improve what we are already doing with our, quite old, FFT and Chirp measuring system" I was talking about a Clio 7. That's what we employ and it's an excellent system that performs all measurements we need and more. We have been using it for years. On our new search, we want to evaluate a more portable and less expensive system, as this is a hardware/software device.
Clio 7 interface and preamp must be connected to a desktop PC and the QC module must also be employed for capturing balloon data. This have changed with the new fw-02 interface that is connected by USB, so employing a laptop is now possible.
We are in contact, of course, with Audiomatica and, if nothing more appropriate shows up, updating it's always an option.
We continue in our search.
Thank you guys.
Alberto Escriña
Buenos Aires,
Argentina

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2020, 06:42:32 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.