ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording live event with Soundcraft Expression Si3  (Read 2434 times)

Steve Ferreira

Re: Recording live event with Soundcraft Expression Si3
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 05:49:12 PM »

What I'm not getting... if this is a live to multi-track, why can't the EFX be added back in during the mixdown?  Or do they not want to pay for the mixing time?

Sorry Tim,

I just hand them the raw files. Could be a combination of not wanting to pay or laziness.

Dave Jarrell

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 06:05:57 PM »

Hi all,

I did a recording for a band last year and used the direct outs from the Expression Si3 into Waves Track live. They also use Waves to play it back. They came back to me saying that the recording was dry and would like to have the FX in the next recording and they would be happy with just a 2 track record. Without really checking I figured this would be simple enough. Keep the same setup and just send the fx on a direct out with a stereo output. The console doesn't allow the fx to be routed on a direct out. OK, i can just send a matrix out of mixer into waves. Boy was I wrong, the console console doesn't allow that also.

Without having to use a separate piece of equipment (mixer > usb interface > laptop with waves) is there an easier way of doing this? Do I need to pull out an old Marantz CDR-420?  :o

TIA

I run out of a post fade aux with an XLR to trs mini to feed my old Yamaha Pocketrak 2G for a mono board mix.......but I also run Auria on my iPad mini for multitrack use.....it works flawlessly.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:11:27 PM by Dave Jarrell »

James Paul

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 06:23:12 PM »

Input source to Waves multi-track is USB, analog, or other ?
If analog, then according to how i read the SI Expression 3 manual, FX return fader may be routed to a matrix and hence discreet physical out.
Can others confirm this ?

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 09:00:13 PM »

Input source to Waves multi-track is USB, analog, or other ?
If analog, then according to how i read the SI Expression 3 manual, FX return fader may be routed to a matrix and hence discreet physical out.
Can others confirm this ?

Input source into Waves is USB.

James Paul

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 09:39:45 PM »

according to others more in the know, it would seem possible to route FX to a DAW via USB:
https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,152376.msg1460972.html#msg1460972

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 09:39:45 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.