ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help With Powersoft M50q and Armonia Connection  (Read 2812 times)

John Schalk

Need Help With Powersoft M50q and Armonia Connection
« on: February 02, 2020, 10:07:22 AM »

I have three Powersoft amps with DSP and Ethernet.  I can reliably "Discover" two of them with Armonia (2.5.0) but the third amp, an M50q HDSP + ETH, will not respond.  I have followed all of the steps in the user guides, including downloading and using the Lantronix DeviceInstaller software to reset the ethernet port of this amp.  I know that Armonia is working, because it talks to my other two amps, and I know that at least the Ethernet port of this amp works because DeviceInstaller is able to access it and update it.  From the log file (see screen shot), it looks like Armonia is sending messages and the amp is not responding.  FWIW, I can ping the amp.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try next?

Note 1: I have posted a support request to Powersoft using the form on their website.  However, I made a similar request a week ago for help making a connection to a K2 DSP amp using RS485, and I have not received any response from them beyond the automatic email.  If anyone knows how to get in touch with Powersoft support, I'd appreciate some help with that too.

Note 2: I purchased both of my non-responding amps used, over 3 years ago, before I started my last BE gig for a band that kept me busy enough that I shelved the plans for my own rig.

Note 3: The Ethernet firmware version of the "bad" amp is 6.9 and my working amp has 6.7.  I made the IP address setting match, but still no joy.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 10:09:41 AM by John Schalk »

Jon Dees

Re: Need Help With Powersoft M50q and Armonia Connection
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 03:34:03 PM »

Did you try armonia plus as well? Sometimes that will give a different result

I have three Powersoft amps with DSP and Ethernet.  I can reliably "Discover" two of them with Armonia (2.5.0) but the third amp, an M50q HDSP + ETH, will not respond.  I have followed all of the steps in the user guides, including downloading and using the Lantronix DeviceInstaller software to reset the ethernet port of this amp.  I know that Armonia is working, because it talks to my other two amps, and I know that at least the Ethernet port of this amp works because DeviceInstaller is able to access it and update it.  From the log file (see screen shot), it looks like Armonia is sending messages and the amp is not responding.  FWIW, I can ping the amp.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try next?

Note 1: I have posted a support request to Powersoft using the form on their website.  However, I made a similar request a week ago for help making a connection to a K2 DSP amp using RS485, and I have not received any response from them beyond the automatic email.  If anyone knows how to get in touch with Powersoft support, I'd appreciate some help with that too.

Note 2: I purchased both of my non-responding amps used, over 3 years ago, before I started my last BE gig for a band that kept me busy enough that I shelved the plans for my own rig.

Note 3: The Ethernet firmware version of the "bad" amp is 6.9 and my working amp has 6.7.  I made the IP address setting match, but still no joy.

John Schalk

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 06:56:58 PM »

Did you try armonia plus as well? Sometimes that will give a different result

I have not tried Armonia Plus yet.  I guess that is a next logical step.  Can the two versions co-exist, or must I uninstall 2.5.0 to use Plus?

Steve Crump

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 09:18:19 PM »

I have not tried Armonia Plus yet.  I guess that is a next logical step.  Can the two versions co-exist, or must I uninstall 2.5.0 to use Plus?

I haven’t updated in a while, but based on the versions I am using they will co-exist no problem. You will find features are limited using Plus with the K series.

I have had great luck getting responses from support using: [email protected].

John Schalk

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 08:47:03 AM »

I haven’t updated in a while, but based on the versions I am using they will co-exist no problem. You will find features are limited using Plus with the K series.
I did read that both versions will co-exist last night, but now I'm wondering if Plus will talk to the old M-series? I think I will just install it later today and give it a try.

I have had great luck getting responses from support using: [email protected].
I will give that a try.  I have been filling out the web form, which has only generated an immediate automatic response, and then silence.

John Schalk

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 03:57:02 PM »

I guess this is progress.  Armonia Plus found the amp right away, but I think the amp is not working properly.  It doesn't allow me to double click on it, nor does it report its state other than its serial number and IP address.  Thoughts?

Note: The bottom amp in the screenshot is a virtual device I added to my workspace.  The top amp is my physical amp.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 04:07:04 PM »

John, is there a possibility that the amp is "locked"?  Perhaps a combination of front panel controls held down while powering up?  Not sure if Powersoft has this undocumented feature or not...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Schalk

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 01:12:34 PM »

Steve's advice has proven to be spot on so far.  I did get a response from Powersoft using the email address he suggested, although it wasn't entirely helpful (they advised me to use Armonia Plus.)  And they closed the ticket right away :(  I'm going to send them a screen shot of how my amp appears in Plus, but I strongly suspect that the amp needs to be repaired.  Ugh. 

Steve Crump

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 03:15:16 PM »

Steve's advice has proven to be spot on so far.  I did get a response from Powersoft using the email address he suggested, although it wasn't entirely helpful (they advised me to use Armonia Plus.)  And they closed the ticket right away :(  I'm going to send them a screen shot of how my amp appears in Plus, but I strongly suspect that the amp needs to be repaired.  Ugh.

I wish I had more information for you, but I have only used Plus with a T series amp once a few months back and haven't had it out since. When I get my gear out in the next few weeks I will have to update at that point.
I tried to connect Plus to my K series and had some issues, that's when I reached out to PS and I was told that Plus was designed to work with the X and T series DSP and that access to DSP features in the K series would be limited when using Plus.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 03:18:50 PM by Steve Crump »

John Schalk

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 04:18:24 PM »

I checked the audio paths of my M50q last night and all four channels pass full bandwidth pink noise (within my limits for testing) so I plan to use the amp for two monitor mixes at an upcoming gig.  Heck, I'm not even certain that my own tuning is an improvement over how they sound OOTB!  After I get through the celebration of life event for my old band leader and friend, I will deal with getting my amp repaired.

Out of frustration, I opened up a pre-sales support request with MusicTribe to see which Lab amps they recommend for the Flashline wedges.  They came back with the 12K44!  Apparently they think I need an amp capable of the peak power rating for these speakers.  I've always used program power ratings, or twice the continuous spec, for my systems.  The M50q is almost a perfect match using that logic, so I doubt that I will make a change.  Besides, I cannot afford to deploy a 12K44 as a mere lounge lizard :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 04:18:24 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.