ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: In line amperage meter?  (Read 3982 times)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: In line amperage meter?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 02:40:16 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/bayite-BAYITE-PZEM-061-Multimeter-Voltmeter-Transformer/dp/B00YY1KOHA/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=AC+shunt+ammeter&qid=1581708675&sr=8-19

These little guys are pretty cheap and work quite well.  It's fun that they calculate a total power used as well as current and voltage.

You can also set alarm thresholds on them so they start blinking. Kind of a handy feature!

One caveat though, is that buried in the instructions, they say that they are only to be used with pure sine wave power. Stepped or simulated sine waves can cause the meter to be burned or melted!  What?????
Brian Jojade

Steven Cohen

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 11:14:18 AM »

Agreed, I just ordered a Fluke i410 to use with my Fluke 87V. The nice part about the i410 is that it does both AC and DC.

For this type of monitoring, depending on your budget, I would recommend looking at the Fluke clamp meters-specifically ones that have the Fluke Connect option.  These use an app on your to accomplish both remote reading of the meter as well as downloading data logged over a specific time period.  Relatively inexpensive for the capability-you can get them under $300.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 11:14:18 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.