ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for some input/pointers on upgrading from QSC KW181 and QSC KW152 system  (Read 3202 times)

Richie Sly

Hey guys just looking for some help advice and opinions. I currently have a rig of 8 QSCKW181 subs and 4 QSC KW152 tops

Looking to upgrade, just bought 4 Db Technologies Ingenia IG3T's and was looking for some single subs to pair them with.

Was looking at the Db Tech sub 18H, RCF 8004AS, FBT Q118AS or FBT Horizon VHA 118SA " I guess you can tell the price point and quality i am looking at"
Not sure if they are updated models to the above mentioned subs.
Will be using them indoor and out door on occasion
Any help, suggestion, opinion whether positive or negative is greatly appreciated.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ

Hey guys just looking for some help advice and opinions. I currently have a rig of 8 QSCKW181 subs and 4 QSC KW152 tops

Looking to upgrade, just bought 4 Db Technologies Ingenia IG3T's and was looking for some single subs to pair them with.

Was looking at the Db Tech sub 18H, RCF 8004AS, FBT Q118AS or FBT Horizon VHA 118SA " I guess you can tell the price point and quality i am looking at"
Not sure if they are updated models to the above mentioned subs.
Will be using them indoor and out door on occasion
Any help, suggestion, opinion whether positive or negative is greatly appreciated.

If you're looking to upgrade, then spending money for roughly the same doesn't make sense.  Even a slight upgrade doesn't make sense if you're hauling roughly the same amount of gear and charging the same prices.  I assume you're looking for deeper bass and same or more output from less space?  This rules out most/all (I haven't heard them all) of the ones you have listed, as well as the QSC KS118. 

If you're set on single 18" self powered options - RCF Sub 9004AS and BassBoss SSP118 are worth a closer look. 

If you're not hung up on single 18" self powered - that opens options to JTR Orbit Shifter, Cap 215 Pro, Cap218 Pro, BassBoss SSP218, VTC ELS118 (passive), Danley TH118XL (passive), and others.

Personally, I would rather have fewer quantity of higher quality subs.  2x Danley TH118XL's will be an upgrade in quality and extension and size of what you have now, and similar SPL.  If you add another pair - that's a solid step up and worth the money.  Also check out (4) of the Captivator 215 Pro subs or (4) Orbit Shifters. 

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Richie Sly

My bad i should have stated that i was looking to keep all speakers powered and was also open to double 18 subs. Thanks for your input Caleb.

Geert Friedhof

You would need at least 2x18 per side, preferably 4x18 for outside. So maybe 2x8004 and one 8006 to start with?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services

TH118xl with a plate amp?
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.