Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixers  (Read 4664 times)

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
Re: Mixers
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2020, 04:47:26 AM »

Reaper is not free.  Cockos has eliminated their "endless fully functioning demo" largely BECAUSE everyone took that to mean "free".  It never was, and now the demo ends at 60 days. 

It costs 60 dollars for most people on this forum.  And it's worth ten times that.

^^^^^ 2nd that. Reaper is hands down my favorite DAW - I use it daily in my studio and have used it for live capture on many occasions. It is extremely flexible, can be highly customized, does everything the others do and more, and only costs $60. I seriously wonder why it hasn't taken over the market.

Frankie Lessard

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2020, 12:57:38 PM »

^^^^^ 2nd that. Reaper is hands down my favorite DAW - I use it daily in my studio and have used it for live capture on many occasions. It is extremely flexible, can be highly customized, does everything the others do and more, and only costs $60. I seriously wonder why it hasn't taken over the market.

I'll definitely look into it. The other one I was thinking about was looking at was "Tracks Live" by Waves.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 02:23:46 PM »

With a 4 piece band, I'd look at a digital mixer - you have far more control with parametric EQ and dynamics on each channel as well as on the mains and monitor outs. I went from early on using a Mackie 1202, then a 1402, then a 1642, and then had a Yamaha 01v - the digital EQ on each channel was a game changer, but the mixer is pretty massive. Bought a B-stock DL1608 and have been very happy. Mackie just released new software that can be used on iOS, Android, and even Mac/PC. Worth taking a look at used.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 02:23:46 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.