Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

System Processors

(1/3) > >>

Peter Kowalczyk:
The Ashly 'System II' 4.24C DSP that I installed in a small Stage PA system is crapping out.  While I wait for a response from Ashly Support, I find myself searching for a newer replacement option.

I'm familiar with Meyer Sound Galileo, but it's almost certainly out of our budget.  dbx Drive Rack 'PA' series always felt cheezy to me, but I don't have experience with the 'nicer' 260 or 360.  Xilica XD4080 looks like it might fill the bill.

What else would you recommend?

Ideally, 4 in x 8 out.  Primary functions are simply Summing, EQ, Delay, and Limiting.  Diverse crossover filters, FIRs, configurable Card-based I/O, and drag-and-drop programming are not required (though not necessarily a problem either.)

Thanks!

Helge A Bentsen:
Used Lake LM26?

Bought on last night as spare from a install.

David Sturzenbecher:

--- Quote from: Peter Kowalczyk on January 28, 2020, 01:59:47 AM ---The Ashly 'System II' 4.24C DSP that I installed in a small Stage PA system is crapping out.  While I wait for a response from Ashly Support, I find myself searching for a newer replacement option.

I'm familiar with Meyer Sound Galileo, but it's almost certainly out of our budget.  dbx Drive Rack 'PA' series always felt cheezy to me, but I don't have experience with the 'nicer' 260 or 360.  Xilica XD4080 looks like it might fill the bill.

What else would you recommend?

Ideally, 4 in x 8 out.  Primary functions are simply Summing, EQ, Delay, and Limiting.  Diverse crossover filters, FIRs, configurable Card-based I/O, and drag-and-drop programming are not required (though not necessarily a problem either.)

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

If this is an install, why are you looking processors based on mobile use? Look for an install processor. A BSS BLU100 or Qsys 110f would work.

Kemper Watson:

--- Quote from: Peter Kowalczyk on January 28, 2020, 01:59:47 AM ---
  Xilica XD4080 looks like it might fill the bill.

--- End quote ---

The Xilica is a powerful piece of kit and will give you years of service. I've had one for 9 years now with no issues whatsoever .

Mark Wilkinson:
2nd the Core110f for install. (or even live/mobile with a little extra effort)

If you want to stay fully 1RU mobile, the Linea Research (or Danley) ASC48 might be a better option than the Xilica.
I like the AES input routing via XLR as opposed to DB-25 breakout on the XD-4080. 
Also, the ASC-48 has a slick linear phase Linkwitz-Riley crossover implementation that can be adjusted on the fly and still maintain relative passband timings.
More crossover topologies...both peak and rms limiters...
And a sliding freq sub limiter,... and a couple more tricks. 
The only thing missing imo, is capability to load user generated FIR filters. The XD-4080 allows this, but the tap count is insufficient  to do much with.
So neither one really has that imo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version