Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Converting SRX800 from IEC to PowerCON?

(1/3) > >>

Matt Vivlamore:
Has anyone ever converted their IEC on the SRX800 series speakers to utilize PowerCon in and out?

With the Subs being the only thing in my (planned) inventory that will have the IEC plugs, I would like to convert them wo have PowerCon In & Out.

Subs were purchased used and are out of warranty.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee:
The bigger question is wouldn't this void your warranty? I can image it's not too hard if they aren't part of the DSP module.

Brian Hancock:
The blue iec on these is a locking connector ... but will take the standard iec as well

Matt Vivlamore:

--- Quote from: Jean-Pierre Coetzee on January 27, 2020, 12:32:35 PM ---The bigger question is wouldn't this void your warranty? I can image it's not too hard if they aren't part of the DSP module.

--- End quote ---

The 2 subs that I have, I purchased them used off some dude on the FB marketplace.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee:
Warranty non-transferrable? Somehow I still think JBL will honour the warranty even if you are not the original purchaser but that would be up to how they handle warranty claims. You said that the subs are the only things that will be using the IEC connectors so that is a moot point.

I would be worried about the warranty myself. I looked at a photo of the boxes and it looks like there would be space to replace the IEC with powercon but again probably will void your warranty and also I haven't seen the inside of those boxes so there might not be enough space inside for what is needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version