ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheiser confuses me  (Read 1214 times)

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
Re: Sennheiser confuses me
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 09:32:39 pm »

If you really want to be confused, look at the model for the individual components.
SK - portable transmitter
SKM - portable handheld transmitter
& etc.

I always assumed that was "Sender kompakt" and "Sender kompakt mit Mikrofon" or something like that. I'd guess that EM is "Empfänger für Mikrofon", but it's only a guess (and my German is rusty).

-Russ

Daniel Levi

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 05:11:38 am »

I always assumed that was "Sender kompakt" and "Sender kompakt mit Mikrofon" or something like that. I'd guess that EM is "Empfänger für Mikrofon", but it's only a guess (and my German is rusty).

-Russ

That does makes sense, one of their names for a wireless microphones is a "sender mikrophone", and sennheiser call them "Senders" on their German site.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 12:31:57 pm »

Good news is though within the same frequency bandwidth all the Evolution Wireless equipment is cross compatible and that includes using an IEM transmitter to wireless mic receiver for a point to point wireless audio link.

IIRC G3 & G4 IEM receivers have an improved lower frequency response. Other than that G2 is still quite viable from an RF standpoint. G2 lacks convenience features the later iterations and a bit of bandwidth, but a tuned G2 IEM transmitter is a handy device. Give it a fresh PSU and its off to the races.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 12:31:57 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.