ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Safe" frequency band?  (Read 1346 times)

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
"Safe" frequency band?
« on: January 19, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »

I'm replacing my Audio Technica AT3000 gear in the 655-680 band, and in the interest of not wanting to do that again anytime soon, am asking what band is least likely to be auctioned off by the FCC.  For the moment I'm looking at 470-534 (G50).

Any of you in Europe want to buy seven channels of AT gear really cheap?

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: "Safe" frequency band?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »

I'm replacing my Audio Technica AT3000 gear in the 655-680 band, and in the interest of not wanting to do that again anytime soon, am asking what band is least likely to be auctioned off by the FCC.  For the moment I'm looking at 470-534 (G50).

At this time, there are no further congressional mandates or rumblings concerning further auction/re-allocation of UHF-TV band spectrum beyond that stipulated in the 2012 Middle Class Jobs Act. This means that although there is, as of right now, an auction which must take place by July 2021 of T-Band spectrum (470-512 MHz, TV channels 14-20) in the twelve T-Band markets, it's virtually a certainty the auction will not take place; due to the extremely flawed manner in which this portion of the spectrum legislation was written ( [rant] as the result of lobbyists and software developers writing legislation and handing it off to ignorant politicians without anyone consulting actual RF engineers, GAO, FCC, CBO, potential bidders, or other stakeholders [/rant] ), there is significant legal, congressional, agency and stakeholder push back momentum to repeal this mandate. I give it 99.9% the repeal will take place by July 2021.

In short, buying 470 - XXX MHz band splits is a safe bet, especially if your work is primarily not in one of the T-Band markets.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 01:52:38 PM by Henry Cohen »
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: "Safe" frequency band?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.