ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.5mm from iPod to TA4F into wireless transmitter.  (Read 4548 times)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: 3.5mm from iPod to TA4F into wireless transmitter.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 07:43:27 AM »

https://pinouts.ru/Audio-Video-Hardware/ta4_shure_pinout.shtml

Here is a wiring diagram that shows you can input audio on pins 1 and 3 without bias voltage.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 07:43:55 AM »

What model Shure system do you have?

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 08:59:38 AM »

1)     The audio signal level from the headphone jack must be attenuated (reduced) to Mic level.

Check your transmitter pack to see if it has a sensitivity switch.

I set the transmitter to -10 and, because I was driving it with an aux out mains out, I had to use an additional  -40dB attenuator between the aux out and the transmitter.

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,172606.msg1590397.html#msg1590397

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 11:41:05 AM by Dennis Wiggins »

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2020, 12:15:37 PM »

Check your transmitter pack to see if it has a sensitivity switch.

I set the transmitter to -10 and, because I was driving it with an aux out mains out, I had to use an additional  -40dB attenuator between the aux out and the transmitter.

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,172606.msg1590397.html#msg1590397

Some have the switch on the side others have the old fashioned recessed adjustment pot, not sure what the big boy Shure packs have for input adjustment.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 02:59:57 PM »

Most xmitters expect mic level signals and this means that the output noise from the ipod headphone amp will probably become quite noticeable. I would pad the signal so that the ipod noise would become attenuated. On the plus side it will protect the ipod from any transmitter pack bias voltage.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 09:10:41 PM »

System is the basic BLX rack version which I know isn't favored here BUT it has been fantastic - never let me down apart from when I mounted the antenna too close to the iem transmitters. Once I moved them, I never got any problems. I also have the standard BLX Receivers too and they have also never let me down.
Yes the pack has a sensitivity knob on it which of course I could turn all the way down if need be.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Les Kanekuni

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 11:45:57 PM »

Would this work?

As most of you know, I sing through a wireless headset from FOH position.
I use a Shure system - pack and mic are TA4F connectors. I would like to play something from my iPod through the PA from my position and I have a short cable that was used for a Line 6 wireless guitar system. I could unplug my mic to do this OR use a second system I take as back up.
If I put a 1/4' to 3.5mm (1/8") adaptor on the 1/4" end to fit my iPod headphone output and plug the TA4F end into the transmitter pack, would this work without causing problems due to impedance mis-match etc.?

cable

Am I missing something?  Since you're already at FOH, can't you just plug your iPod into an available channel on the mixer?

adaptor

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 09:14:55 AM »

This is from FOH position using only iPads to mix. I am totally wireless. Mixer is stage side.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Helmke

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 09:42:32 AM »

The output from a phone or whatever isn't much different than a guitar signal, and most or maybe all Shure transmitters have some kind of gain adjust to deal with it.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 10:31:19 AM »

The output from a phone or whatever isn't much different than a guitar signal, and most or maybe all Shure transmitters have some kind of gain adjust to deal with it.

Thanks Scott. I'll give it a try.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 10:31:19 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.