ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.5mm from iPod to TA4F into wireless transmitter.  (Read 4536 times)

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
Re: 3.5mm from iPod to TA4F into wireless transmitter.
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 02:12:54 PM »

Most manufacturers have XLR plug on TX units that you can add. Turns any handheld into a wireless system and can plug into a DI for anything else.

Lectrosonics HMa and Sennheiser SKP 100. Pick the appropriate version for your wireless.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 01:59:21 PM »

Thanks everyone...
I just went for it and used the items I have that I linked to in my 1st post. It works GREAT. No noise at all - nice and clean with PLENTY of headroom.
To be safe I turned down the gain on the pack to start but found I had to wind it back up and even higher than where I usually have my mic set. My headset mic is VERY high output though so that makes sense.
I have 2 systems so I can dedicate one to the iPad without messing around with my mic pack.

Previously I had tried a Line 6 guitar system but I got drop out literally feet from the stage so that didn't work for me.
I also have an On Stage bluetooth XLR receiver I could use but it is only 2.4ghz and I don't want to risk it.
Then there is my Apple Play option through my router - I did try playing break music through it once a long time ago but I got drop out so I never used it again.

Using my Shure BLX system should work well for me- I never get drop out with my mic.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 01:59:21 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.