ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Namm 2020  (Read 6909 times)

Jon Fu

Re: Namm 2020
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 05:56:51 PM »

L-Acoustics previewed KARA II, EAW had a new dual 18" and a new touring-class dual 10" line array and I think I saw Meyer preview a smaller point-source box with an arrangement similar to Ultra-X.

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 05:57:28 PM »

I had a great time at NAMM - drooled over the CTi1500 dLive console... weighs in at around 25-lbs, which makes it an attractive fly console. Also enjoyed the demos at the arena, and loved the A&H mixing class with Drew Thornton (FOH for Billie Eilish). Got to help out with the Metal Allegiance show over at HOB on Thursday night.

The outdoor Yamaha stage was downright impressive - that Nexo rig sounded great.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 09:43:18 PM »

Well, the Loudspeaker System Showcase demo offerings are new and different by default from the previous year.
https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2020/directory/loudspeaker-system-showcase

Anyone willing to share their impressions from this?
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 09:53:43 PM »

The new Sennheiser mic?

The 9235 capsule in non-wireless form?
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 12:37:07 AM »

SQ appears to getting HPF on outputs, LPF everywhere, and RTA in EQ.
Yes!!
..db

Daniel Levi

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 02:21:57 AM »

About the Midas HD96/Behringer WING at NAMM, remember MT no longer go to NAMM so I'm guessing they were dealer boards so not surprising there was no Midas/Behringer rep there, Behringer doing all their NAMM period announcements from the "Banaheim Convention Center"  ;D
I'm guessing a trip to Las Vegas is required if you want to see the HD96/WING in person with MT employees on hand.

Behringers releases being new synths, the RD-6 (606 clone), System 55 Modules (Moog modular clones), System 100 (Roland 100m modular clones) and a show off of the 2nd prototype of their ARP 2600 clone.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 02:48:06 AM »

About the Midas HD96/Behringer WING at NAMM, remember MT no longer go to NAMM so I'm guessing they were dealer boards so not surprising there was no Midas/Behringer rep there, Behringer doing all their NAMM period announcements from the "Banaheim Convention Center"  ;D
I'm guessing a trip to Las Vegas is required if you want to see the HD96/WING in person with MT employees on hand.

Behringers releases being new synths, the RD-6 (606 clone), System 55 Modules (Moog modular clones), System 100 (Roland 100m modular clones) and a show off of the 2nd prototype of their ARP 2600 clone.

Yep and they shipped the wrong HD-96.  That was the proto and those channel strips were bad. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 03:23:49 AM »

That explains why I never stumbled across the thing, I didn't bother with the On-Stage booth, didn't see any point & I'm not in the Midas/B-group ecosystem so I didn't bother hunting it down.

I was researching A&H for a band I work with regularly who are struggling with an iLive (screen battery's dead so you have to turn it on for 10 minutes, then restart to get the damn screen to work - guess it gets just enough charge into the battery in that time) & who like the A&H ecosystem. They're not $ enough for a d-live, and a QU would be insulting to their tech, so it was between the SQ & the Avantis. I'm going to recommend an SQ because of the local I/O, the rep said the Avantis could probably be hacked to sort-of work with their existing iLive brain-box, but it would be a PITA to do and to maintain & would basically wind up being a controller for the iLive - f*** that. So I'll be recommending the SQ 7 - I count 27 inputs needed . 90% of their shows are mixed side-stage w/iPad so they can hold off on getting a companion GX4816 until needed. I didn't see any good reason to get the Avantis over the SQ for their needs.

I covered everything I wanted to do on Thursday, so I went to Disneyland of Friday to see the Star Wars stuff - I haven't been there in 30 years so it was a treat to just walk around & take it all in.

Save yourself a lot of hassle and save up for a D:Live.
I'm personally not a fan of the D:Live, the feature set is nice but I don't like working on it. But I can make it work when I have to.
The SQ on the other hand is a major PITA, I prefer a M32 or a Si Performer instead.

YMMV, IMHO etc.

Dave Bednarski

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 02:48:03 PM »

I'd echo the sentiments on the Wing, Midas, and Allen Heath stuff above. 

I still have no purchase regrets about moving to the SD11i for an under $10k console.  The Klang DMI Card makes an Orange Box an attractive option to further extend it.

I was really impressed with the RCF TT 10-A and TT 08-AA II demos for their size/output.  Its everything I wanted out of a wooden QSC K8 or 10 enclosure.  The TTL 4-A as well but its a different form factor.

I thought the Foggy Fog guys are worth checking out if you're in the market for haze/fog.

ProCo has a wallet friendly Bluetooth wireless in ear unit coming out - I wouldn't put it on an artist but it may have some utility use for other ninja needs.

There was a lot of other impressive stuff but its out of my loungey range. 

Christopher Irwin

• Los Angles/Orange County, California
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 03:16:49 PM »

I'd echo the sentiments on the Wing, Midas, and Allen Heath stuff above. 

I still have no purchase regrets about moving to the SD11i for an under $10k console.  The Klang DMI Card makes an Orange Box an attractive option to further extend it.

I thought the Foggy Fog guys are worth checking out if you're in the market for haze/fog.

The Foggy Fog guys have a bubble machine that puts fog into the bubbles, once they pop you see a wisp of haze come out - which was honestly the most fun thing I saw all week!

d&b has a KSL 15" sub which vertical dimensions under 18" - perfect for installing under a stage and getting a lot of good clean output (I'm looking for exactly that situation). Unfortunately the price with required d80 amp is ridiculously high...

Although I'm a DiGiCo guy, I spent a lot of time with the A&H Avantis console and was overall very impressed (I will recommend it for a church install). I like the UI/surface layout better than the dLive/SQ consoles (and better than S31). That said, its software is still quite buggy, I managed to crash it twice in less than an hour, and then watched someone else crash it a little while later. They also have a huge backlog for shipping (something like 5months out...).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 03:16:49 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.