ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Namm 2020  (Read 7003 times)

Loren Miller

Namm 2020
« on: January 18, 2020, 12:36:39 PM »

Haven’t seen much released at namm this year that is pro audio related, anything I’m missing???

dB Tech has some new powered speakers

???

Magnus Högkvist

Re: Namm 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 12:54:57 PM »

Digico Quantum series got bigger with SD5 Quantum 5 upgrade and the new Quantum 338 https://digico.biz/digico-reveals-quantum338-at-namm-2020/

Thomas Le

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 01:46:14 PM »

https://jblpro.com/en/product_families/irx-series

Personally I might be a guinea pig for this since I need some cheap wedges.

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 06:33:18 PM »

Haven’t seen much released at namm this year that is pro audio related, anything I’m missing???

dB Tech has some new powered speakers

???

Loren I was just discussing the same thing with a friend. The pro audio end seemed quiet this year.  I know EV has a new 12” powered stage m9nitor and the Evolve 30M among what others have posted below. 

ScottH

James Paul

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »

Well, the Loudspeaker System Showcase demo offerings are new and different by default from the previous year.
https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2020/directory/loudspeaker-system-showcase

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 11:00:11 AM »

SQ appears to getting HPF on outputs, LPF everywhere, and RTA in EQ.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 02:01:57 PM »

Lots of immersive audio. The ATC demo room was stellar with a Dolby Atmos remix of Abbey Road on 9.2.7 or something. PMC had a nice demo but the Beatles over at ATC was just amazing. RCF showed a PA oriented immersive audio system that was an interesting take on getting better imaging from mains.

MG had a Heritage D and a Wing out on display that was totally underwhelming.

Heard the Yamaha DZR 315 system over at the Marriott with a Zeppelin cover band and others and was impressed at the good looks and sound of the rig.

Lots of product refinements and lots of stuff to make event life easier, seems like many manufacturers were adding software and other support to make their products more usable. It was a great year to focus on business.

The education stuff in the Hilton was great with ESTA and AES really putting out a lot of great options. Spent two days in a classroom with Richard Cadena talking about event electrical. Gained a lot of confidence there. ETC was on hand talking about lighting stuff with other companies.

Turns out that a lot of girls I went to high school with now work in the industry. . .
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 03:08:21 PM »

No one saw the Behringer Wing or the Midas Heritage D?  The new Sennheiser mic?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 03:23:39 PM »

I was underwhelmed but took a photo for street cred. No rep, no support, no audio passed. Was tucked away in a corner of the On-Stage stands booth in the MI hall next to Pioneer DJ.

The Wing is an interesting beast but the layout is quite a bit different from everything else. Not intuitive, at all, for me. It was parked right next to the Heritage.

Also saw the A&H Avantis with beta software that didn't quite work. Nice form factor, though. Big screens and a roll bar.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Ken Braziel

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 05:52:10 PM »

I was underwhelmed but took a photo for street cred. No rep, no support, no audio passed. Was tucked away in a corner of the On-Stage stands booth in the MI hall next to Pioneer DJ.

That explains why I never stumbled across the thing, I didn't bother with the On-Stage booth, didn't see any point & I'm not in the Midas/B-group ecosystem so I didn't bother hunting it down.

Also saw the A&H Avantis with beta software that didn't quite work. Nice form factor, though. Big screens and a roll bar.

I was researching A&H for a band I work with regularly who are struggling with an iLive (screen battery's dead so you have to turn it on for 10 minutes, then restart to get the damn screen to work - guess it gets just enough charge into the battery in that time) & who like the A&H ecosystem. They're not $ enough for a d-live, and a QU would be insulting to their tech, so it was between the SQ & the Avantis. I'm going to recommend an SQ because of the local I/O, the rep said the Avantis could probably be hacked to sort-of work with their existing iLive brain-box, but it would be a PITA to do and to maintain & would basically wind up being a controller for the iLive - f*** that. So I'll be recommending the SQ 7 - I count 27 inputs needed . 90% of their shows are mixed side-stage w/iPad so they can hold off on getting a companion GX4816 until needed. I didn't see any good reason to get the Avantis over the SQ for their needs.

I covered everything I wanted to do on Thursday, so I went to Disneyland of Friday to see the Star Wars stuff - I haven't been there in 30 years so it was a treat to just walk around & take it all in.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 05:52:10 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.