ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW LA400 Used sub or plans for something similar or maybe a labsub  (Read 7999 times)

Rolando Saenz

Re: EAW LA400 Used sub or plans for something similar or maybe a labsub
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »

I am compelled ...  My 4 LA400's are just musical.  I love 'em.  To my ear they sound better than any direct radiating  18 based box I've heard.  Yep.  Frequency and volume limited in comparison to later generations but they just sound damned good at what they do.  If I were playing with someone else's equity maybe I'd be looking to upgrade in SPL... but i'm not and I'm not.   I've done 2500 with those 4 comfortably.  Each pair is on one side of a PLX2 3102. 

Wow the PLX3102 are rated at 1Kw@4ohms in stereo mode, so you feed 500w each LA400 and have that nice output?

EAW Declasiffy your LA400 plans!!!!  8)
or at least sell the plans for cabinets you do not longer make!!

i have heard so many good things about those
i know there are people who said that they are old and by today standards there are better subs
but how much better  for that given size and weight

like 10 years ago i read about a shop in Mexico who "clone" cabinets , they have a lot of meyer clones in their lineup
basically the get a original cabinet XRAY it and then cut it to "reverse engineer" ( copy ) the internal measurements
they use them for Big crowd events of 50,000+ people

i know that by copyright laws it is illegal to copy any intellectual property , in this case a sub cabinet design
to build it for personal use unless you get the permission of the holder of the copyrighted material in this case the cabinet maker company.

In the pharmaceutical arena, the patent of a given medication expires after 10-20 years, after that , any company can make a "generic" version of it
thanks to that i can have my Atenolol HBP  med at 2bucks for a 30 day supply , instead of 50 bucks for the brand name one.

I wish something like that pass in the congress so they can make a law that let any individual to build anything that is no longer produced by the original
manufacturer.
The manufacturer is no longer making profit.
So is just matter of the manufacturer to sell you a copy of the plans if they do not want to give them for free.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 12:17:40 PM by Rolando Saenz »

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2020, 01:10:34 PM »

Wow the PLX3102 are rated at 1Kw@4ohms in stereo mode, so you feed 500w each LA400 and have that nice output?

i have heard so many good things about those
i know there are people who said that they are old and by today standards there are better subs
but how much better  for that given size and weight

like 10 years ago i read about a shop in Mexico who "clone" cabinets , they have a lot of meyer clones in their lineup
basically the get a original cabinet XRAY it and then cut it to "reverse engineer" ( copy ) the internal measurements
they use them for Big crowd events of 50,000+ people

i know that by copyright laws it is illegal to copy any intellectual property , in this case a sub cabinet design
to build it for personal use unless you get the permission of the holder of the copyrighted material in this case the cabinet maker company.

In the pharmaceutical arena, the patent of a given medication expires after 10-20 years, after that , any company can make a "generic" version of it
thanks to that i can have my Atenolol HBP  med at 2bucks for a 30 day supply , instead of 50 bucks for the brand name one.

I wish something like that pass in the congress so they can make a law that let any individual to build anything that is no longer produced by the original
manufacturer.
The manufacturer is no longer making profit.
So is just matter of the manufacturer to sell you a copy of the plans if they do not want to give them for free.

Why don't you just find yourself 4 KF940's on the used market and call it a day?  You could build a little trailer and tow them behind your car.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2020, 02:38:51 PM »

That's enough.  I'm locking this topic.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2020, 02:38:51 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.