ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thermal Speaker Failure with Yamaha DZR12  (Read 11673 times)

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
Re: Thermal Speaker Failure with Yamaha DZR12
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2020, 02:43:04 AM »

It would be so sad to have to fall back on the Danleys for the smaller shows  ::)

You were looking for an excuse to buy a pair of Go2 or Cube speakers with TH28 sub(s)?  Lip fills, out fills, FOH monitors for live streaming gigs, home stereo, or mains for tiny gigs. :D
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2020, 03:41:28 AM »

It would be so sad to have to fall back on the Danleys for the smaller shows  ::)

Too much power is almost enough...

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2020, 10:33:28 AM »

You were looking for an excuse to buy a pair of Go2 or Cube speakers with TH28 sub(s)?  Lip fills, out fills, FOH monitors for live streaming gigs, home stereo, or mains for tiny gigs. :D

Wouldn't that be nice? ::)
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

George Dougherty

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2021, 02:06:40 PM »

I'm in a very similar situation as the OP, though my failures have been total on the mid-bass with only HF produced by the speaker.  I bought four of the DZR12's manufactured in late 2018 and purchased January of 2019.  Within 6 months one of the units lost all midbass.  I almost always ran the set of 4 together for moderate volume gigs as delays or splayed for coverage, mostly with subs and crossover filters from my X32 or Wing consoles in place.  I cross them about 76Hz with the subs because that's an easily repeatable frequency on those boards.
Yamaha thankfully replaced the speaker under warranty after the local service center went to bat for me.  The service center said they shipped a whole new speaker since the driver wasn't available and it had been several months in the shop.  They sat in storage for most of 2020 until this summer when I finally had them out for a few gigs.  Last weekend I discovered failure two, same symptoms and it's in the shop now.
I've run powered and passive speakers of my own and others' for years.   These are the first failures I've had out of custom-built boxes, Mackie SRM450's, QSC's, JBL PRX12's and Yamaha DSR10/12's.  I'm inclined to think it was a manufacturing issue from my own problems and the sequential serials noted in this thread.  The boxes sound terrific when they work, but failures like these are perplexing to me.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2021, 02:06:40 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.