Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

Trunk ports in the Yamaha SWP1-switches

(1/5) > >>

Miguel Dahl:
When reading the various documentations for this switch I can't figure out if it's possible to use one EtherCon-connector to be used as a trunk port for VLANs. From the graphics and descriptions I see it's either use the OpticalCon as trunk, or use TWO Ethercons? One for each VLAN (If there's only two VLANs). If using two, then it's one for each VLAN, which doesn't make it to one single trunk port?

And. I can't find the documentation for setting up the switch in "user" mode. Can I create as many VLANs as I want?

In other words. Can I use one EtherCon-connector as a trunk port for several VLANs on this switch?

Andrew Broughton:
Preset "B" allows you to use ANY of the connections - 15 or 16 (EtherCon) or 17 or 18 (OpticalCon)

To set it up in the USER mode, use the Yamaha LAN manager software (Windows only)
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/proaudio/network_switches/swp1/downloads.html

Miguel Dahl:
I was fast as usual. Setting "C" depicts a redundant cable setup, as it clearly states. But in the user manual for the switch, and the software it didn't say if I can setup as many VLANs as I want, unless I'm even more blind than I already know I am (Just ask the madam, I can rarely find anything).

Andrew Broughton:

--- Quote from: Miguel Dahl on January 17, 2020, 06:18:10 PM ---I was fast as usual. Setting "C" depicts a redundant cable setup, as it clearly states. But in the user manual for the switch, and the software it didn't say if I can setup as many VLANs as I want, unless I'm even more blind than I already know I am (Just ask the madam, I can rarely find anything).

--- End quote ---
Yeah, preset "B" is what you u want if you don't want to create your own.
The manual has very little information, especially if you want to do anything non-standard.
You'll have to download the Lan Manager software and click on the Web GUI to configure the USER settings. (I haven't actually needed to change anything, but that's what my understanding is on how you do it)
You might be able to simply log into the switch if you know it's IP, without running the Lan Manager software, but again, I haven't tried that.

Miguel Dahl:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on January 17, 2020, 07:45:54 PM ---Yeah, preset "B" is what you u want if you don't want to create your own.
The manual has very little information, especially if you want to do anything non-standard.
You'll have to download the Lan Manager software and click on the Web GUI to configure the USER settings. (I haven't actually needed to change anything, but that's what my understanding is on how you do it)
You might be able to simply log into the switch if you know it's IP, without running the Lan Manager software, but again, I haven't tried that.

--- End quote ---

Yes. I know what one need to do. But the manual for the web-GUI does not contain the information to what I'm curious about. Is there a limit, or not?

We need new switches, and I want these, because "anybody" can operate them, and reconfigure them on the fly, with "A/B/C" default settings.

But the manual only covers two VLANs. I want to know if it's doable to do more, and use one trunk over cat 5/6 etc. For instance: Dante, Control, and one or two VLANs for our guy doing the illumination, or guest consoles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version