ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend me a FOH chair  (Read 9177 times)

John P. Farrell

Re: Recommend me a FOH chair
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 01:49:26 PM »

The other one that has popped up in the last year or so is Cozy Roadie - basically a folding executive office chair in a pelican, and also on sale until 2/1.  It doesn't go as high as the Stealth Chair so it may not be tall enough for you.

I've had good luck with a few Amazon ones, as well as Stealth Chair.  The Cozy Roadie concept intrigues me, however I wish it was mesh and not the leather executive style chair.  We spend all summer in sheds/festivals and the thick padding gets kinda warm.  How tall does the "tall" model really get?   The sale might make me pick one up.

JF
FOH/PM Blackberry Smoke

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »

The Stealth chair is the closest thing I've seen that can reasonably accommodate both taller and shorter workers (I'm short so the seat depth - the distance between the chair back and front edge of the seat - is very important, also the position of the lumbar support).  The Stealth is *very* adjustable.

The Leap looks interesting, and there are probably a half dozen Herman Miller chairs/stools that will work too.

What I've learned after a buying dozen chairs over the last 20 years - spend the money on a brand you've heard of, like Stealth (you heard of them here!), Steelcase, Herman Miller, or other established office chair/stool manufacturer.  It's a buy once, cry once; 'wrong product at the right price is still wrong' thing.  I could have bought 2 Herman Miller chairs for what I've spent on a dozen poorly designed, cheaply constructed 'value' office chairs.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 03:59:22 PM »

I got a Varier Move, it's hands down the best FOH chair I've ever used.
Silly expensive, but worth it.

https://www.varierfurniture.com/en_no/webshop/move

That doesn't look real comfortable.  At that point you might as well just run a tap up your arse and attach the swivel base direct

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 05:47:49 PM »

That doesn't look real comfortable.  At that point you might as well just run a tap up your arse and attach the swivel base direct
That takes a special fitting  :o
..db

jason misterka

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 06:58:52 PM »

Haven't bought one in a while as my two are still doing great, but these were the best.

Mine are probably 15 years old?  Thrown in trucks with no roadcases the whole time.

Had to buy a few replacement parts but was easy enough to do.

https://www.soundseat.com/

Jason

Once upon a time, way back in tech, I had a chair to sit in at FOH. Then it broke two days later and I never got around to getting a new one.

I really prefer to stand while mixing, but my back is in revolt and I’m not going to survive the 15-18 hour days if I can’t sit during the shows.

Recommend me a chair to sit in while mixing at FOH. Should be study as I’m a big guy. A taller studio or drafting type chair as the console is pretty much at standing height anyway. What do you guys like?

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 07:54:40 PM »

Thanks guys. The Sound Seat look interesting. I'll have to call and see what their lead time is.

How well does it hold up? Is it comfortable to sit in with the flexible back? My lower back is really killing me with standing all day long, every day.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 10:27:49 PM »

Thanks guys. The Sound Seat look interesting. I'll have to call and see what their lead time is.

How well does it hold up? Is it comfortable to sit in with the flexible back? My lower back is really killing me with standing all day long, every day.

My SoundSeat holds up very well.  After 12 years of use it shows no signs of wear.  The back rest offers expected support, but be aware I use it when drumming, so I don't lean back often.  This is the only seat I've used that when I get up after hours of drumming my back does not hurt.

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 11:00:10 AM »

In addition to my Cozy Roadie chair, I also carry an anti-fatigue mat. It makes a ton of difference, especially on a concrete floor. It actually gets more use than the chair does, and there's rarely a time I don't plop it down in front of my console.

Mine is an Imprint CumulusPRO, which are a little on the expensive side, but it's a lifesaver. I'm on my second one, as my first got lost somewhere along the way. This one is labelled much better than the first!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UA2WO2/
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

John L Nobile

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 11:10:51 AM »

If you're on your feet all day, try wearing compression socks. My sister recommended them to me years ago when I was still on stage after I complained to her that my back and legs were sore. Made a huge difference.

Now I need compression shorts cause my ass gets sore sitting in this chair all day.

Jim Roach

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 11:24:12 PM »

I tour with a Herman Miller Aeron chair (drafting height). It's the best I've found! I had a case made for it after it started to get a little beat up on it's first tour. It makes the long days much easier. Before that I had a variety of cheap chairs that would get thrown away or go back to the audio vendor at the end of the tour. I tried the Stealth chair, as a friend of mine said "sitting in the Stealth chair is like sitting on the edge of your seat".

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 11:24:12 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.