ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommend me a FOH chair  (Read 9180 times)

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Recommend me a FOH chair
« on: January 16, 2020, 12:15:28 AM »

Once upon a time, way back in tech, I had a chair to sit in at FOH. Then it broke two days later and I never got around to getting a new one.

I really prefer to stand while mixing, but my back is in revolt and I’m not going to survive the 15-18 hour days if I can’t sit during the shows.

Recommend me a chair to sit in while mixing at FOH. Should be study as I’m a big guy. A taller studio or drafting type chair as the console is pretty much at standing height anyway. What do you guys like?

Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Recommend me a FOH chair
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 12:45:33 AM »

I would like to know this too. I need about 6 chairs for the different tech folks around the church. The ones we have are squeaky and terrible.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 02:41:21 AM »

I'm partial to SoundSeat.  They're not cheap, but worth it.  It's the only seat for me that doesn't cause any low back pain after a 4-hour gig.

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 03:58:57 AM »

Stealth Chair.

This version comes with the big 3.5" wheels (not the small plastic office chair wheels).  I like it because I can sit at a desk up on 12-16U racks and still be at the right height.  Also, you can set it so the back rest "follows" you if you lean forward to reach something on the desk.  The first time I used it we were in a hockey arena covered in masonite, and it absolutely saved my back from standing on that frozen maso all day.

The other one that has popped up in the last year or so is Cozy Roadie - basically a folding executive office chair in a pelican, and also on sale until 2/1.  It doesn't go as high as the Stealth Chair so it may not be tall enough for you.

Like any chair, if you toss them in the back of the trailer, they will get trashed eventually.  A good case will protect the investment.

Martin Morris

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 05:46:43 AM »

[quote

Like any chair, if you toss them in the back of the trailer, they will get trashed eventually.  A good case will protect the investment.
[/quote]

There's a youtube on Robert Scovill and he features his fav touring chair. U.S.A. company, complete with road case even? - yeah FOH is kinda important wink wink ...
Dude told me to "go back to where I came from", so I set my tent up on his front lawn ... (unnamed Indian)

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 08:49:50 AM »

I got lucky and found a Steelcase Leap stool on Craigslist here a couple of years ago for my 650 seater. Heavy duty, way adjustable, comfortable.

https://store.steelcase.com/seating/office-chairs/leap

And by lucky, I mean I paid a tenth of the price of new, and it had been hardly used.

I'd certainly want a road case for one if touring.

Best regards,

John

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 09:45:46 AM »

Recently had a tour engy come through with a nice, tall rolling chair perfect for sitting at a console on racks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BTNY277/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I was impressed with how solid and comfortable it was for the price compared to the usual, more expensive choices. I will be ordering one very soon.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 10:09:56 AM »

I got a Varier Move, it's hands down the best FOH chair I've ever used.
Silly expensive, but worth it.

https://www.varierfurniture.com/en_no/webshop/move

Steven Cohen

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 10:23:53 AM »

Same here. I purchased a slightly used Steelcase Leap from a used office furniture store for $100. One of the best investments I have ever made. Also parts are available for the chair if I ever need any.

I got lucky and found a Steelcase Leap stool on Craigslist here a couple of years ago for my 650 seater. Heavy duty, way adjustable, comfortable.

https://store.steelcase.com/seating/office-chairs/leap

And by lucky, I mean I paid a tenth of the price of new, and it had been hardly used.

I'd certainly want a road case for one if touring.

Best regards,

John

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »

I have a Cozy Roadie chair that is amazingly comfortable and packs up nice it's it's case. They have a slightly taller version now, but not a full-on drafting table height chair.

https://cozyroadie.com/
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.