ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW LA400 Used sub or plans for something similar or maybe a labsub  (Read 7983 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: EAW LA400 Used sub or plans for something similar or maybe a labsub
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 08:57:12 PM »

Hi Ronaldo, I'll just chime in to say that there is definitely an audible difference between 40Hz and 30Hz. 

A while back Art and I did a live comparison between his Keystone subs and my Yorkville UCS1 boxes (single 15" that are solid to 40Hz but drop off quickly below that).  I've been happy with my UCS1s for general applications but there's no comparison to Art's 30Hz extension and a bit more output.  That said, the Keystones are a hair too tall to stand up in my utility van so I keep happily using my Yorkville subs.  I found the Keystones to balance well though and be easy to move despite their size and weight.  Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

Taylor Hall

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 07:31:30 AM »

Hi Ronaldo, I'll just chime in to say that there is definitely an audible difference between 40Hz and 30Hz. 
1000% agree. We ended up building some dedicated infrabass cabinets that did all their grunt work solely below 40Hz and the lightbulb moment when we toggle them on and off for clients and performers never gets old. You really don't know how much program material you're missing down low, especially for anything resembling electronica.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Rolando Saenz

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 10:15:16 AM »

A while back Art and I did a live comparison between his Keystone subs and my Yorkville UCS1 boxes (single 15" that are solid to 40Hz but drop off quickly below that).  I've been happy with my UCS1s for general applications but there's no comparison to Art's 30Hz extension and a bit more output.  That said, the Keystones are a hair too tall to stand up in my utility van so I keep happily using my Yorkville subs.  I found the Keystones to balance well though and be easy to move despite their size and weight.  Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

I wish to have been there on your sub test! ;)

speaking of the keystones, where are the actual plans, the thread is long and i cant find the final version of it

Rolando Saenz

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 10:34:47 AM »

1000% agree. We ended up building some dedicated infrabass cabinets that did all their grunt work solely below 40Hz and the lightbulb moment when we toggle them on and off for clients and performers never gets old. You really don't know how much program material you're missing down low, especially for anything resembling electronica.

wow!
can you share some more on those infrabass cabs
I'm curious and did not knew that there are subs that top at 40hz and goes all the way down to maybe 10hz ?

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 11:08:35 AM »

speaking of the keystones, where are the actual plans, the thread is long and i cant find the final version of it
The first page of the thread gives the location of the plans for the standard Keystone sub.

Rolando Saenz

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 01:27:23 PM »

The first page of the thread gives the location of the plans for the standard Keystone sub.
Thanks Art.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 02:22:42 PM »

I always enjoyed the sound of LA400, but it's been 10 years since I heard one.
Ran into BH760 last year, that's still a good sub.

This topic makes me miss my old Labsubs. Sounded wonderful, but a PITA to move around.

Rolando Saenz

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 05:49:09 PM »

I always enjoyed the sound of LA400, but it's been 10 years since I heard one.
Ran into BH760 last year, that's still a good sub.

This topic makes me miss my old Labsubs. Sounded wonderful, but a PITA to move around.

Helge,
now that you touch the topic of the labsub, i try to get the documentation and the links do not work
none of them, i reported the bug already

hey look at the specs of this monster
https://www.prodance.cz/data/attachments/BH760_SPECS_rev1.pdf

Love it !!

why manufacturers do not " DE CLASIFFY " their plans when they stop manufacturing the subs
wish i can see the blueprints of that one
it can go as low as 29hz

HA!!
i saw your post of 2016 where you was going to buy 8 BH760's
and that you miss your labsubs
did you get them ?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 06:00:14 PM by Rolando Saenz »

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 09:45:29 PM »

If you want the smallest possible box with the lowest response then just build a reflex cab with one of the best drivers available like the neodymium B&C 18sw115, the tradeoffs are the drivers are expensive and will require lots of power to fully utilize but there is probably no better solution for a single operator.

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 08:46:13 AM »

Helge,
now that you touch the topic of the labsub, i try to get the documentation and the links do not work
none of them, i reported the bug already

hey look at the specs of this monster
https://www.prodance.cz/data/attachments/BH760_SPECS_rev1.pdf

Love it !!

why manufacturers do not " DE CLASIFFY " their plans when they stop manufacturing the subs
wish i can see the blueprints of that one
it can go as low as 29hz

HA!!
i saw your post of 2016 where you was going to buy 8 BH760's
and that you miss your labsubs
did you get them ?

No, I didn't. It was a sale from a closed company and they didn't wish to split a KF760/BH760 package in the end.
Haven't given up yet about owning some horns again one day. My Labsubs set of car alarms outside once during soundcheck. Never done that with a front-loaded sub.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 08:46:13 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.