ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixing Station  (Read 4073 times)

dave briar

• Helena Montana
Re: Mixing Station
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2020, 11:22:50 am »

Way cool James!  Your MS preeminence increases with each post!  Just curious though, do the two screens/tablets “follow each other”?  ie. Can you select a channel on the fader screen and have the detail screen reflect that selection? 

Really impressive work.
..db

Mike Karseboom

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2020, 12:14:19 pm »

Following up. A selected Meterbridge UI item may be scaled larger separate of a mixer layer. Meterbridge channel count is fixed, AFAIK.

James - how were you able to scale the meter bridge independent of the "mixer" element in a custom view?  The meter bridge is part of the mixer element.  If you add an additional meter bridge element you can scale it up and make it tall.  But then you have two; one tall independent and one that is  part of the mixer element.  If you position the independent tall one over the mixer element, so as to block the view of that part of the mixer element, the underlying meter bridge on the  mixer element still shows through.  Moving the independent meter bridge to the foreground does not completely occlude the underlying mixer element.  There appears to be no way to reduce the transparency of the tall meter bridge.

Another question:  Any ideas how to setup the landscape and portrait modes to be really different screens.  Say you wanted a regular mixer view in landscape and you wanted to switch to a sends on fader screen in portrait mode. It seems like an element, once added, is always part of both the landscape and portrait view.  This makes it difficult to have two really different screens for landscape and portrait because you can't get rid of nor hide an element on just one view. If you delete from one view, it deletes it from both views.  You can sort of move elements off the  screen in a mode, but then the element is difficult to retrieve.  And again, if you put one element behind another, it still shows through to some extent.  I guess a transparency setting could fix this.
--Mike
"If you're not confused, you don't know what is going on"

Live Sound for the Mt. Shasta area
http://www.shastalivesound.com

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 11:12:09 am »

James - how were you able to scale the meter bridge independent of the "mixer" element in a custom view?  The meter bridge is part of the mixer element.

You can turn off the integrated meter bridge in app settings.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

James Paul

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 08:00:17 pm »

May have fell under the radar for some, given possible diverted attention elsewhere, but significant upgrade feature for X/M, X-Air, QU/SQ/GLD, SI :
Fully customizable channel strip. Thank you David
https://dev-core.org/mixing-station

John Ferreira

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2020, 05:42:06 pm »

James I watched both of your videos, and I find it odd
that you do not use a Master fader.
Unless I missed something.
John Ferreira

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2020, 07:58:59 pm »

James I watched both of your videos, and I find it odd that you do not use a Master fader.
What's so odd about that?  While I will occasionally use the master fader, it's certainly not on any of my regular screens when remote controlling.

Firstly, it could be (fairly) catastrophic to catch the master fader by mistake.  Secondly, it's rare that I ever touch it.  Much better to have it on another layer/screen.

James Paul

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2020, 03:01:24 am »

James I watched both of your videos, and I find it odd
that you do not use a Master fader.
Unless I missed something.
John, I believe you are referring to Lou`s two videos, for which I can not speak for him with an answer, though I would agree with Alex as one reason or approach for the lack of an obvious masterfader or facsimile.
Currently on my SOP MSPX/M32 UI layers there is no L/R MF, rather a knob linked to a DCA, linked to required busses or matrices outputs, that is visible on all layers.
I reserve and utilize the traditional L/R buss & fader for the stereo recording path.
A link to a demonstration of an earlier iteration that shows a USB knob that is now repurposed as described previously, so would work similarly as the FX knob controlling an assigned DCA. Hope this sheds light, rather than cloud the waters.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ibop5vj446muwci/AAB0t9vmz-xGrXrST0gRhd9Xa?dl=0
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 04:33:38 am by James Paul »

James Paul

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2020, 02:16:32 pm »

There is now a user Community for the Care To Share :
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 08:55:06 pm by James Paul »

James Paul

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2020, 08:55:45 pm »

My recent revisions are posted under an alter ego,`Sonikvue'.
Now to field test; next month, year, decade ?
Props to David for continued development and maintenance.

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2020, 07:50:03 am »

I have not looked at changing my layout since last Fall.  Are there any new features that anyone would care to mention. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2020, 07:50:03 am »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 24 queries.