ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixing Station  (Read 3977 times)

dave briar

• Helena Montana
Re: Mixing Station
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 06:15:22 pm »

Very interesting James!  Im a huge fanboy of the flexibility of MixingStation and am very comfortable modifying the layout to suit my whim even during a live performance once but I only work on a 10 tablet.  The extra real estate available on an 18 and presumably being mounted at FOH on a stand would open up many other possibilities. While I have a pretty good idea about how many of the features shown are configured, you have definitely explored the more advanced corners of Davids creation. Very nice work sir indeed!
..db

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 09:24:57 am »

I just discovered sliders!  Very useful! 

This app has changed the way I setup a gig.  Even if you do not use it to mix a show, which is the cats, worth the investment just for soundcheck!  Not a paid advertisement!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 12:42:25 pm »

I just discovered sliders!  Very useful! 

This app has changed the way I setup a gig.  Even if you do not use it to mix a show, which is the cats, worth the investment just for soundcheck!  Not a paid advertisement!

The developer of Mixing Station, David Giga, is incredibly responsive to user suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.  He's also a sound mixing person and musician so he's got a good idea of what is needed.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 09:49:37 am »

The developer of Mixing Station, David Giga, is incredibly responsive to user suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.  He's also a sound mixing person and musician so he's got a good idea of what is needed.

David Schumann
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 10:36:11 am »

David Schumann

I was using his 'professional name' rather than his real name....  either way he's very attuned to what we do and need.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

James Paul

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 03:03:21 am »

Following up. A selected Meterbridge UI item may be scaled larger separate of a mixer layer. Meterbridge channel count is fixed, AFAIK.

As per OP, care to share pics, links welcomed.

As obvious a significant benefit that MSPro provides, I have had little to no need for custom layers, but soon enough will have a go at it.

Attached an example of further additional tweaks, of a sends view mix option button, and always active on top of layers DCA remotes for vocal chorus and FX mix embellishment, conducive to my typical device grasp & clasp, sit or stand, foh/mon single operator scenarios.

Kudos and Salutations to Mr. Schumann for his contribution of inspiration, efforts, and resulting game enhancing app.

Jay Marr

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 08:55:46 am »

Following up. A selected Meterbridge UI item may be scaled larger separate of a mixer layer.

YES! 
Just tried it on my phone and you are absolutely correct.  This is a game changer for me. 
Going to start building my new custom layout when I get out of work (and have my tablet in front of me)

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2020, 09:47:38 am »

Going to start building my new custom layout when I get out of work (and have my tablet in front of me)

David's in one of his UI advancement stages, so I'm going to wait a couple more weeks for things to settle down.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Jay Marr

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 11:25:04 am »

David's in one of his UI advancement stages, so I'm going to wait a couple more weeks for things to settle down.

Good to know, thanks.

James Paul

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2020, 06:56:18 am »

Dual View

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2020, 06:56:18 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 23 queries.