ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Crazy Audiophile Ground System  (Read 6880 times)

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
Re: Crazy Audiophile Ground System
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 12:17:15 PM »

With ordinary tin/lead plated PCBs, standard tin plated connectors and normal interconnecting cables.

It's easier to just buy a few of these... https://trueaudiophile.com/hb-cable-design-powerslave-marble-statement-power-center/

Steve.

In the video, they spend more time on the looks than the technical aspects.  Oooo, bevels!
But it does have cork to damp the vibrations. ::)
I think the video makes it clear that this is about appearances.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 12:48:06 PM »

In the video, they spend more time on the looks than the technical aspects.  Oooo, bevels!
But it does have cork to damp the vibrations. ::)
I think the video makes it clear that this is about appearances.

What it should make clear, to any person with a thinking mind, is that this is utter bullshit.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 03:47:46 PM »

What it should make clear, to any person with a thinking mind, is that this is utter bullshit.

You ever read a power cable review in what they pass off as serious audiophile journals?  It's laughable.  Some studio geeks locally have bought into the cable thing which makes me nuts.  How can you be a sound engineer and believe that some esoteric cable improves sound?

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

John L Nobile

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 04:19:27 PM »

If they spend 18k on a power bar, 12k on 2 cables, they'll hear an improvement. But it's hard to describe cause it's on a molecular level. And an alternate reality.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 05:25:45 PM »

If they spend 18k on a power bar, 12k on 2 cables, they'll hear an improvement. But it's hard to describe cause it's on a molecular level. And an alternate reality.

More a psyhic (psychotic) thing.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 08:26:04 PM »

I smell a business opportunity. Use terms like "4K Sound. Add fancy sleeves to power cables to make them look better, but also block harmful gamma rays, which can make the music sound angry. Tubes with only the heater pins hooked up - the signal "passes by" the tube to be "warmed up" physically, but never in the circuit.

As PT Barnum said, there's a sucker born every minute.

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 10:42:15 AM »

I smell a business opportunity. Use terms like "4K Sound. Add fancy sleeves to power cables to make them look better, but also block harmful gamma rays, which can make the music sound angry. Tubes with only the heater pins hooked up - the signal "passes by" the tube to be "warmed up" physically, but never in the circuit.

Don't forget "Green" & "Eco"...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:19:33 AM by Steven A. White »

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2020, 10:49:42 AM »

You ever read a power cable review in what they pass off as serious audiophile journals?  It's laughable.  Some studio geeks locally have bought into the cable thing which makes me nuts.  How can you be a sound engineer and believe that some esoteric cable improves sound?
I debunked the voodoo speaker wire whohah in my Audio Mythology column back in the 80s. As I recall there was a serious treatment in the AES journal back then quantifying and debunking funny speaker wire.

If you can hear a difference from changing a line cord either it was a faulty line cord, or incompetent product design.

Phools and their money will always be a target for snake oil merchants.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Taylor Hall

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2020, 03:18:28 PM »

There was a "hybrid" tube amp I saw ages ago that claimed to do just that. The output signal wires were coiled around the tubes in order to warm them. So I guess that bit of marketing speak wasn't totally false in their case?
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 07:20:17 AM »

Don't forget "Green" & "Eco"...

I'm getting ready to do some demonstrations for the RV industry with solar panels, Lithium-Iron storage batteries and a 3,000 watt pure-sine inverter, and offered to power a live music stage from this setup at a big RV show as a promotion for the products. One of the promoters got really excited because I would be running the stage from "clean" solar power, and not that "dirty" petrochemical power. Go figure...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 07:20:17 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.