ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel Cover/Door???  (Read 1841 times)

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
Panel Cover/Door???
« on: January 28, 2020, 09:26:26 AM »

Hi All
Anyone know whether/where I can buy a panel-cover/door for a Bryant 3-phase panel 14" wide 42 spaces?
Mapping breakers in a pub panel by order of Fire Marshal.
He did not mention the missing panel cover, but it might be a good thing to add.

thanks
frank
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 04:27:06 PM by frank kayser »

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
Re: Panel Cover/Door???
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 10:54:12 PM »

Hi All
Anyone know whether/where I can buy a panel-cover/door for a Bryant 3-phase panel 14" wide 42 spaces?
Mapping breakers in a pub panel by order of Fire Marshal.
He did not mention the missing panel cover, but it might be a good thing to add.

thanks
frank

I'm not sure who bought Bryant, but maybe ask them if you can figure it out.  If you can get a part number of the panel you might be able to find it with some diligent web sleuthing.  I recently was looking for a replacement panel cover for an old 1950's vintage square D panel. I called them and they told me my only option was to get a metal fabricator to make me one.  I kept the old beat-up (but functional) one.  If the new ones fit it would have been worth the $30 for the new one but no way would it be worth custom fabrication.  I didn't even bother asking them about the whole listed part, modified part issue.  I'm pretty sure my local electrical AHJ wouldn't care but you never know about the fire AHJ.

I've been looking for a 100A vacu-break fuseable disconnect for a 1950's vintage bulldog distribution panel.  Fortunately it looks like current Siemens units will fit otherwise I'd probably be SOL.  Interfacing with old electrical systems is a PITA largely due to issues like these.  Good luck!

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 09:35:14 AM »

Thanks, Erik.  For some odd reason, the fire AHJ was concerned about the circuits being labeled, and did not mention the missing cover.
I see this violation as not an "if" but "when" before it becomes an issue. 

I'm just a helper on this one.  We'll see if we can track down part numbers, and continue web sleuthing.  C'est la Vie.

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 11:15:12 AM »

Thanks, Erik.  For some odd reason, the fire AHJ was concerned about the circuits being labeled, and did not mention the missing cover.
I see this violation as not an "if" but "when" before it becomes an issue. 

I'm just a helper on this one.  We'll see if we can track down part numbers, and continue web sleuthing.  C'est la Vie.

Fire AHJs are an interesting beast.  I was working a club install once where the AHJ oked tumescent paint for the structural steel.  Then another Fire AHJ came and said it had to be the "normal" fluffy stuff.  At that point in the build it was a major task to go back and re-treat all the steel.  It was a pointless exercise as well since the paint wasn't removed (thank God!).  If the paint ever activates it'll blow off the fluffy stuff making it useless.  Oh well, I'm just glad I wasn't paying the bills.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 11:15:12 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.