ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Crazy Audiophile Ground System  (Read 6884 times)

Kevin Graf

Crazy Audiophile Ground System
« on: January 09, 2020, 01:29:45 PM »

Crazy Audiophile Ground System
I just saw this in an audiophile forum.

I also do something similar with the Verastarr AC Distro block Its a passive power strip with 3 x Furutech NCF R receptacles. I use mineral Goo as well, Quartz, Tourmaline and 4 others in a high performance compound. Its faraday shielded inside and has a ground lug on its chassis The wiring scheme inside uses pure solid silver bussbars that make a home run to every individual socket, with other pathways to make sure current delivery is fully equalized, NCF R IEC inlet as well and Ive run my Rig AC as a feed off the meter box outside the house to a secondary panel in my listening room closet wall, and Ive run 4 separate 8 foot long high purity 101 OFHC solid copper rods plated in pure silver just on the outside of the wall where the rig sits , so the actual Rods are no more than 12 feet from the rig. I have them paired off and isolated , so 2 and 2 rods, one pair for safety or chassis ground and the other pair for signal ground. all the feeds out of the panel are 10AWG Silver plated copper in PTFE and every feed has its live and Neutral twisted and inside conduit pipe and beside it is the ground wire in its own conduit pipe. I am about to test with dual massive 7Kva Isolation transformers that came out of Bel Labs in New Jersey . I will most likely put them behind the main diuplex receptacles feeding the rig as ive got 6 circuits on that front wall behind the rack. 4 of them are 240V because I like to run my mono amplifiers at 240V for more efficient lower current operation and ultimately balanced AC. 2 receptacles are 20A for everything else on the rig split in to dual Verastarr AC Power Distro blocks, one for digital gear one for analog.
Speedskater

Taylor Hall

Re: Crazy Audiophile Ground System
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 02:35:27 PM »

Then there's all the people in Japan having their own personal utility poles installed to get cleaner power from the street and not having to settle for "dirty" shared power.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 02:56:14 PM »

Kinda makes you wonder how the studios (producing the source material) have limped along with dirty power and shared grounds for so long.

I guess if it makes the individual happy, whatever. "Fools and their money ...."
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 03:15:28 PM »

audiophool (pronounced fool)...

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 12:19:05 AM »

audiophool (pronounced fool)...

JR

Well, at least they're having fun, and putting money into the economy.  As long as they're not spec'ing any of my jobs...
frank

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 05:31:29 AM »

Kinda makes you wonder how the studios (producing the source material) have limped along with dirty power and shared grounds for so long.
With ordinary tin/lead plated PCBs, standard tin plated connectors and normal interconnecting cables.

It's easier to just buy a few of these... https://trueaudiophile.com/hb-cable-design-powerslave-marble-statement-power-center/

Steve.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 07:51:39 AM »

With ordinary tin/lead plated PCBs, standard tin plated connectors and normal interconnecting cables.

It's easier to just buy a few of these... https://trueaudiophile.com/hb-cable-design-powerslave-marble-statement-power-center/

Steve.

I actually like the looks of the Powerslave Acrylic version for only $10,899 and with the money saved there I could put that towards their $18,500 two meter long speaker cables.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 07:52:54 AM »

Steve.

I don't know if I'm more scared that that exists or that is costs that much money.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 11:26:49 AM »

Well, at least they're having fun, and putting money into the economy.  As long as they're not spec'ing any of my jobs...
frank

True enough - never really looked at it that way - let 'em have their fun.  :)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 11:34:10 AM »

I don't know if I'm more scared that that exists or that is costs that much money.
It is a typical marketing technique, especially for audiophool products. The easily led ASSume it must be good if it is very expensive.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 11:34:10 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.