Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

User Speaker Recommendations Needed: JBL Eon - EV ZLX - Bose F1 812

(1/2) > >>

Ray Sherman:
Hi, I'm into both, DJing and Karaoke anywhere from small rooms (500 sq. ft.) and large hall venues. I've been Djing with a Numark MixDeck Quad, a pair of passive Yorkville YS115 15" speakers in stereo and a passive SP Subcompact 18" Peavey sub. Powering the speakers and sub with a couple Mackie M1400i FR series amps. I'm looking to upgrade my speakers to powered (active) ones. Like everything else, I'm trying to figure out what's currently the best affordable quality speakers out there at a decent price point. I would like some kind of a crossover built in for added protection, although in my DJ setup above, I haven't had any problems without one.... yet. I've been looking at the JBL EON6's and EV ZLX's in 12" & 15" and now there is a new EV ZLH with BT. Of course, I just had to come across the Bose F1 812's which looked interesting enough to check out. Quality, clean, hiss free at "all" volume levels, warm but, crisp sound for both Djing and vocals/singing is all I'm looking for...... LOL  Seriously, I would like the aforementioned due them working out anywhere from very small rooms to your large hall venues. I would sincerely appreciate any input and/or experience that you may have, good or bad in regards to the above. In addition, if you have any other suggestions "please" feel free, I'm open. Thanks, Ray

Dave Garoutte:
Yamaha DXR10 or DXR12  or QSC K10.2 or K12.2
Either might work with your sub, although the matching subs for either of these brands is probably better.

Luke Geis:
I think EV provides the best bang for the buck. I am not a fan of the QSC stuff and would pick the JBL PRX over it. I have used a few different EV lines for different things and they have always impressed me. I find that EV really dives a great bargain for what you get in return.

MikeHarris:
Yamaha recently did a Mkll upgrade to DXR series..see if you can get a deal on leftover non-Mkll..the DXR10 or 12 would be a nice upgrade..continue to use passive sub till it’s turn

Mike Pyle:

--- Quote from: MikeHarris on January 05, 2020, 04:28:20 PM ---Yamaha recently did a Mkll upgrade to DXR series..see if you can get a deal on leftover non-Mkll..the DXR10 or 12 would be a nice upgrade..continue to use passive sub till it’s turn

--- End quote ---

I just happen to have a pair of the DXR15 and some DXR8 still on the shelf that need to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version