ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mackie profx12 no effects  (Read 1087 times)

[email protected]

mackie profx12 no effects
« on: January 06, 2020, 12:28:48 AM »

There is a mackie profx12 in the club i perform in. Sometimes the effects can be heard, other times not. The individual channel fx knob is up, the master monitor fx knobs are up, the return fx slider is up. I try massaging all knobs and sliders, turning the power on and off.

Dennis Wiggins

Re: mackie profx12 no effects
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 11:20:45 AM »

There is a mackie profx12 in the club i perform in. Sometimes the effects can be heard, other times not. The individual channel fx knob is up, the master monitor fx knobs are up, the return fx slider is up. I try massaging all knobs and sliders, turning the power on and off.

Please provide details on how the system is cabled. Include all of the "ins and outs." Maybe then we can help.

<edit>  Keep in mind that there is only one "effect" route and that all channels sending an FX signal will be sharing (blended into) that same effect. Having more than 1 input "FX'd" can create a lot of mush. It is best to start with only 1 (perhaps the lead singer's mic?) channel's FX send turned up - turn all the others down.  Then, add a bit of the others to hear what happens.

-Dennis
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 08:09:27 PM by Dennis Wiggins »

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 12:31:51 PM »

The desk has a built in FX unit. Unless the mains are turned off, or the cans don't work, then the cabling of the system shouldn't have anything to say to if one can hear the FX or not.. unless one can route the FX out through a jack and thus interrupt the internal signal chain.

But OP says that "master monitor fx knobs are up". There is also a FX Master knob, the yellow one?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 12:34:53 PM by Miguel Dahl »

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 01:19:05 PM »

Anything plugged into the FX Send jack up on the top? That is going to be an insert jack that disconnects the direct feed to the mains, these sometimes get stuck open too in environments that may see regular fog/haze use and exercising it by inserting/removing a cable can break it loose or clean up the contacts enough to complete the circuits.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 01:19:05 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.