ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed with solving subwoofer problem  (Read 2205 times)

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
Re: Help needed with solving subwoofer problem
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2023, 11:58:59 AM »

They are connected via PowerCon 230v.

The question was how much current is actually available. If the draw is high and the voltage sags, many amps will go into protection. Subs in particular can have very high peak draw. Is everything plugged into 1 circuit?
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2023, 11:59:55 AM »

I mostly produce and organize events myself, and the medium sized gigs. It then comes to good production with low costs, and I gotta say, apart from this weird problem, I really like the speakers *as for where I am currently with my company*. I would like to add that I am quite the hypocrite and dislike chinese knockoffs that are a middle finger to the industry, so although I am happy with these, I will invest in ''real'' branded ones!

That's the problem with Chineese knockoffs.  They copy the looks of real products that are amazing. Externally, you may not be able to see much difference.  However, internally, corners are invariably cut.  This 'weird' problem is exactly the sorts of results to expect from China crap.

There is absolutely no business excuse to use them.  The cost per show between these and quality products would only be a few dollars.  A little business planning could solve that issue, with things such as bank loans, etc.

If you still can't work the numbers, there are reputable brands that make equipment at multiple price points and can do so fairly reliably, and you then know what to expect out of the gear.
Brian Jojade

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2023, 07:28:46 PM »

I bought speakers from Sanway Audio....  since I got them I have been having a weird problem

What's that saying - The wrong equipment at the right price - is still the wrong equipment? 

If there isn't budget to get the core equipment right (speakers/subs) - that means there's definitely no budget for all the secondary equipment.  The reason we're against crap brands (we're not against you personally, we feel for you) is that it can quickly go from asset to liability, and if you didn't have enough budget before - you have a lot less than not enough budget now. 

Me personally?  I'd cut losses, find the threshold between inexpensive and cheap junk, and save/borrow/beg to start out somewhere above that line.  That's where you're going to end up anyway, so why waste money you don't have in the meantime? 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2023, 07:28:46 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 25 queries.