ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF NXL 24a vs TT22 for reflective room  (Read 1809 times)

pabloaguas

RCF NXL 24a vs TT22 for reflective room
« on: April 20, 2023, 01:11:11 PM »

Hello,

I'm thinking to upgrade (downgrade?) my system to the RCF NXL 24a, which is a bit of a column speaker with a 100x20 degree coverage. This is because I am doing a weekly event at a renovated church which has extremely hard (maybe sheetrock) walls and a wood floor and wood ceiling. The room is a box with zero complexity or texture whatsoever. The reflections are just hurting the sound so much, and the owners have gone back and forth about wether they will let me install sound absorption panels. The room is about 2700 ft2 with a 18' ceiling that slopes down a bit on each side. A perfect space for chamber music with live instruments but extremely difficult for the DJed music we play in there. (the music is not EDM, but is more on the organic spectrum). We must set up our system and break it down each week.

Current Setup:
Pair of RCF TT22 passives, biamp powered with a QSC Powerlight 340 for each channel. Sub is a BFM Tuba 45. Managed by driverack. Sounds great outdoors or in non-reflective spaces.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has any comments about wether moving to a column speaker such as the NXL 24a would really have a reduction in the echo and reflections of this room? It seems the TT22 has better horizontal directivity, but the vertical directivity of the NXL 24a is much, much narrower than the TT22. But overall the TT22 is of course a higher-end speaker, and using the class AB (H) power amps sound sound better than the little class D amp in the NX, right?

I'm thinking to buy a pair of NXL 24a, but am a bit nervous about purchasing them and then having to send them back for a refund if they aren't sounding better than the TT22 in my space.

So, please if you have any feedback about the acoustics, speakers, etc. I would like to hear. Also if you have any advice for purchasing please let me know. Also any NXL 24a alternatives? Any other manufacturers that make a column array with 6" drivers (either active pr passive)?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 01:15:36 PM by pabloaguas »

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
Re: RCF NXL 24a vs TT22 for reflective room
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 01:26:18 PM »

Here's something super basic think of Speakers as spotlights
you want to direct as much of the direct sound onto the audience 
And as little little bouncing onto other surfaces

The reverberation field will still be there.
 But it will be after the DIRECT SOUND reaches the audience
with an after effect reverb.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 05:50:22 PM by Mac Kerr »
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

pabloaguas

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 05:08:51 PM »

I tried the NXL24 and they sounded much more focused in the space and so i kept them and sold the TT22

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 05:08:51 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.