ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure 55 or similar - gotta get that retro look.  (Read 9222 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Shure 55 or similar - gotta get that retro look.
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2020, 03:08:12 PM »

Very cool gig, Debbie!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2020, 05:24:09 PM »

I had to cut down the size of the pic so much to post on the forum ..
She used the 55SH. She came over a few days before to try it out and liked it so we went with that. I did pick up a SUPER 55 at a great price so I now have both versions.

Use this then post the bbcode

You can put as big a picture as you want

https://imgbb.com/

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Chrysander 'C.R.' Young

• North Central FL
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2020, 09:15:24 PM »

I had to cut down the size of the pic so much to post on the forum ..
She used the 55SH. She came over a few days before to try it out and liked it so we went with that. I did pick up a SUPER 55 at a great price so I now have both versions.

Excellent!  I much prefer the super 55, so I have one chrome and one black one.  I also have some EV Cardinals which I use on instruments or percussion as they look vintage and sound gorgeous.  The Heil Heritage was a disappointment.  Want to try the Heil Fin and the CAD A77 some day.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2020, 08:05:01 AM »

Robert, thanks for bringing up CAD!  A few years back there was a whole lotta love for the C-195 vocal mic and I'm the proud owner of a pair of original E-100 (not the reissue) - wonderful "almost-large diaphragm" condenser mics with a super-cardioid (IIRC) pattern.  Quiet and detailed, and you could make them work with wedges if you got your placement druthers.  I used them on orchestral instruments, rock band kick drums, electric guitar rigs and acoustic pianos.  So with that said, the A77 looks very interesting, have you any ears/hands on time with it?  For some reason I'm now feeling "retro"....  ::)

Thanks for reminding me that I had 2 of the E-100's many,many years ago. They were a yard sale find. Paid $50 bucks for both of them. Used them for awhile on bass guitar cabinets and a keyboard amp. I honestly didn't know what they really were and let them set for too long. There were batteries inside that looked like it fed the amp stage in them. They were built into the circuit. The batteries exploded and rather than clean them up and replace I just tossed them. Would not have made that mistake today! I still have 3 C-195's. They do make great overheads but are one hot microphone! 

Douglas R. Allen

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2020, 08:05:01 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.