ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: FOH nightmare  (Read 6691 times)

Geert Friedhof

Re: FOH nightmare
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 09:31:58 PM »

I would have done the same thing as the FOH guy: It's his problem, not mine.

gordonmcgregor

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2019, 04:17:11 PM »

There's a quote from Jean Michel Jarre from his Destination Docklands concerts, concerts that had their fair share of problems. Now the weather experienced on the 2 shows was horrid with rain and high winds, plus the floating stage that was supposed to travel up/down the Thames had to say put.
But with all this when he introduces himself he takes it all in his stride and says "well we've had a few difficulties tonight but well, frogs like rain!". Now that's how a professional handles things.

He was incredibly gracious at those gigs as was all the team unlike the clown in the video, he'd be shitting bits of microphone for days if he pulled that stunt on me

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2019, 07:07:24 PM »

Maybe it's because I'm on my 3rd beer of the night but I bet if they had cut FOH to some of that annoyingly upbeat elevator music and put a TV test pattern on the video screen(if available) it might have diffused the situation.

During the show, Eddie had one of his famous hissy fits and basically walked off stage.
After only a minute or 2 of everyone not quite knowing what to do, Sammy had a stage hand bring out a stool and an acoustic guitar and he sat down and started to sing and play some of his earlier stuff. It looked to me to be totally impromptu and the show didn't miss a beat.

I saw Van Hagar on tour at Molson Park in Barrie perhaps around the same time and Sammy did that exact same thing except I think it was a scheduled part of the show as there were no "technical issues" that I could see for the whole event just great sound and great music. Maybe it worked so well they added it as part of the show.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 07:10:53 PM by Paul G. OBrien »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2019, 09:05:40 PM »

Maybe it's because I'm on my 3rd beer of the night but I bet if they had cut FOH to some of that annoyingly upbeat elevator music and put a TV test pattern on the video screen(if available) it might have diffused the situation.

I saw Van Hagar on tour at Molson Park in Barrie perhaps around the same time and Sammy did that exact same thing except I think it was a scheduled part of the show as there were no "technical issues" that I could see for the whole event just great sound and great music. Maybe it worked so well they added it as part of the show.

Hah!!!...Interesting. Eddie definitely displayed some anger and displeasure as he rushed off stage the night I saw them - it was the talk of everyone in our group that evening. So..... perhaps you are right OR maybe ....it was all an act in the first place..?
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2019, 07:19:27 AM »

Actually, that would be just commupance if the PA came back on while he was beating on it and he got the full face feedback. >:(

as would the audience, unfortunately

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2019, 12:52:44 PM »

Who cares about the audience?  It's about REVENGE!!!!!!!! >:(
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2019, 08:22:01 PM »

Who cares about the audience?  It's about REVENGE!!!!!!!! >:(

Early in one of my careers I was advised that "revenge is a dish best served cold."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2019, 12:35:39 PM »

I hate digging pieces of shattered diaphragm out of the phase plugs.........
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2019, 08:41:37 PM »

Anyone know what actually happened? Wrong patch seems viable. But with some other comments (There are two comments which seem real, but different from each other).

Anyway. I know which band I'd say "Nope! Never" to if I'd ever be asked to do house for if their guy was absent. Which would be never, but in "theory".

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2019, 08:42:13 PM »

Anyone know what actually happened? Wrong patch seems viable. But with some other comments (There are two comments which seem real, but different from each other) I couldn't get a real answer.

Anyway. I know which band I'd say "Nope! Never" to if I'd ever be asked to do house for if their guy was absent. Which would be never, but in "theory".

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2019, 08:42:13 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.