ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: M32 Edit 4.1 on Catalina  (Read 6121 times)

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Re: M32 Edit 4.1 on Catalina
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 04:50:20 PM »

I know people like to crap on the Vendors for not updating software to work with Mac's newer OS's, but I think Apple is to blame. For years Apple has been releasing OS's that are not compatible with recently updated software. At what point does it become Apples problem to be sure users can rely on software that they paid good money for ( or not ) to just fricken work? I have a Mac that is locked into what is an ancient OS because the software WILL NOT work with anything newer and the Vendor has since stopped supporting the devise and software ( for obvious reasons ). Mac needs to realize that they are charging a lot of money for a machine that for many people, is a work-related unit, and it HAS TO WORK for them. I am so angry with Apple these days. Between making phones that will surely be electronic waste within 2-3 years they also can't make a backward compatible OS.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Taylor Hall

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2019, 07:50:36 AM »

So can confirm that the latest one will not open on Catalina but the previous version I was using(Nov 2017?) runs although not sure if it will work if the console is on the latest firmware version.

This puts the fault firmly on MG. If the old version is running they added something without confirming it, Catalina dropping 32bit support has been announced for years already, this is not a shock for software developers.
While the announcement of their dropping 32-bit support was telegraphed early on in Apple's development process of Catalina, the developer's beta hasn't even been in the wild for 6 months and has seen numerous revisions that made any third-party dev road map a moving target. Now that Catalina itself is fully released, we can see third-party devs finally sink their teeth into rewriting their apps to work in a totally new environment.
Expecting a sub-6 month turn time on developing an app from scratch is already crazy, then add that this is not a company whose expertise is in software development and you can hardly place all the blame at the feet of the devs. Even software giants like Adobe haven't resolved their issues yet, and will likely not until well into next year.
There are two ways to do anything:
1) Do it right
2) Do it over until you do it right

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2019, 01:46:52 PM »

While the announcement of their dropping 32-bit support was telegraphed early on in Apple's development process of Catalina, the developer's beta hasn't even been in the wild for 6 months and has seen numerous revisions that made any third-party dev road map a moving target. Now that Catalina itself is fully released, we can see third-party devs finally sink their teeth into rewriting their apps to work in a totally new environment.
Expecting a sub-6 month turn time on developing an app from scratch is already crazy, then add that this is not a company whose expertise is in software development and you can hardly place all the blame at the feet of the devs. Even software giants like Adobe haven't resolved their issues yet, and will likely not until well into next year.

Built from scratch?
All you have to do in most cases is recompile as a 64-bit app instead of 32 for it to work. (I'm a programmer). Now, if the manufacturer relied on 32-bit 3rd party plugins or other things that they can't recompile, and the 3rd party no longer makes those plugins, then that's on them, not Apple. This was a mistake the programmers should have dealt with years ago.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2019, 04:44:49 AM »

The older version of the app works on Catalina, only the new 4.1 version does not? This is a MG problem, 4.1 released after Catalina release AFAIK.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Mark Norgren

• Mark Norgren
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 08:16:49 AM »

I just found a link to a 3.2 version of the app.  It loads fine on Catalina?  That is CRAZY!  What is the hold up on the newer version.  I am now more confused than ever?  Here is a link to all of their stuff for the boards.  For now, I will try and use the older version of the app on my Catalina laptop!

https://www.midasconsoles.com/c/Midas/Downloads?text=m32+4.1#googtrans(en|en)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 08:25:22 AM by Mark Norgren »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 08:16:49 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.