ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mipro Act-312 6A replacement  (Read 840 times)

Sean Anderson

Mipro Act-312 6A replacement
« on: December 05, 2019, 04:22:01 PM »

I have a question for the hivemind here. The church I attend has 3 mipro act-312 6A recievers (dual channel) along with 2 wireless handheld and 2 body pack transmitters. I believe these are out of legality and we have to upgrade. I looked months ago and found that info, but can't anymore. The church has finally agreed to replace them. Anyway, the rack they use has space for two 1/2 space units, the other is loose in a rec room. We would need 6 channels of reciever, 2 handheld mics, and 2 bodypacks in the same band due to how they deploy them.

Is there a better option in a similar form factor and price point that anyone has used? The mipros do work very well in this space.

From talking to the pastor, the total budget is around 2000-2500 for this project.

We tried contacting the company who installed the system, but they don't even have a record of the install. I'm reticent to suggest we go through them.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Mipro Act-312 6A replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 04:39:57 PM »

I have a question for the hivemind here. The church I attend has 3 mipro act-312 6A recievers (dual channel) along with 2 wireless handheld and 2 body pack transmitters. I believe these are out of legality and we have to upgrade. I looked months ago and found that info, but can't anymore. The church has finally agreed to replace them. Anyway, the rack they use has space for two 1/2 space units, the other is loose in a rec room. We would need 6 channels of reciever, 2 handheld mics, and 2 bodypacks in the same band due to how they deploy them.

Is there a better option in a similar form factor and price point that anyone has used? The mipros do work very well in this space.

From talking to the pastor, the total budget is around 2000-2500 for this project.

We tried contacting the company who installed the system, but they don't even have a record of the install. I'm reticent to suggest we go through them.

You are correct that the 6a band is no longer permitted for this use. If you are happy with the Mipros you can order the same model in the 5a band and still use your existing rack hardware, mic accessories, etc. I can offer a quote on them if you want to email me.

Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Sean Anderson

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 05:37:41 PM »

You are correct that the 6a band is no longer permitted for this use. If you are happy with the Mipros you can order the same model in the 5a band and still use your existing rack hardware, mic accessories, etc. I can offer a quote on them if you want to email me.

Thanks Mike, that may be the best option. I'll send an email over.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 05:37:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.