ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracks Live on Catalina  (Read 5474 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Tracks Live on Catalina
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:25:09 PM »

Slight detour from here...

Anyone tried Tracks Live on Catalina yet? My copy of Catalina is a "hacked" version on an older machine, and while it opens and runs on that version of Catalina, it doesn't see the built-in devices as IO. I don't know if the problem is because of my hack or if it truly has an issue with Catalina.
Waves says it "should" run on Catalina but aren't saying conclusively.

Just wondering if anyone's been brave enough to upgrade to Catalina and would care to give it a try. (Program is free)
https://www.waves.com/mixers-racks/tracks-live#presenting-tracks-live
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Miguel Dahl

Re: Tracks Live on Catalina
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 12:35:18 PM »

Slight detour from here...

Anyone tried Tracks Live on Catalina yet? My copy of Catalina is a "hacked" version on an older machine, and while it opens and runs on that version of Catalina, it doesn't see the built-in devices as IO. I don't know if the problem is because of my hack or if it truly has an issue with Catalina.
Waves says it "should" run on Catalina but aren't saying conclusively.

Just wondering if anyone's been brave enough to upgrade to Catalina and would care to give it a try. (Program is free)
https://www.waves.com/mixers-racks/tracks-live#presenting-tracks-live

A buddy of mine couldn't get it to work. Maybe two weeks ago. Dante Virtual Soundcard, Catalina and Tracks Live did not work. He did not get any input from the DVS. When switched to another DAW it worked in that DAW. Last I've read is that Tracks Live is not supported by Catalina yet. I read it about two weeks ago. He did however see DVS as I/O, but zero input.

This is what I read: https://www.waves.com › Products › Mixers & Racks
Tracks Live is not supported under OSX Catalina, as this OS doesn't support 32-bit applications. There's no current ETA for when Tracks Live will be supported on Catalina.

But when googling this string now I can't get any hits.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 12:56:08 PM »

Ok, thanks. You can read the linked topic in my OP which has a copy of the reply from Waves that I received on this subject.
-Andy

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 03:54:59 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what was your motivation for taking a bleeding edge OS that is already raising hackles around the audio biz and hacking it to run on older/slower hardware?  Did you miss a monthly flogging session or something?  ::)

... My copy of Catalina is a "hacked" version on an older machine, and while it opens and runs on that version of Catalina, it doesn't see the built-in devices as IO. I don't know if the problem is because of my hack or if it truly has an issue with Catalina.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 05:02:18 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what was your motivation for taking a bleeding edge OS that is already raising hackles around the audio biz and hacking it to run on older/slower hardware?  Did you miss a monthly flogging session or something?  ::)

Andrew is an IT rogue and a scallywag.  Really.  He plays MonitorMan on weekends. ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 06:46:23 PM »

Andrew is an IT rogue and a scallywag.  Really.  He plays MonitorMan on weekends. ;)
True.
I also love trying things just to see if it can be done. Even more so when someone says it can't.
-Andy

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 07:20:54 PM »

Andrew you clearly need to put scalawag on your forum name

Roland Clarke

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 11:25:16 AM »

I’ve not gone Catalina much due to suggestions from multiple developers to hold off at the moment.  I can tell you I had serious problems with my MacBook Pro, namely getting the sound into programs.  I could see the interface and an audio input, however nothing in programs.  After much scratching of heads from myself and various colleagues and multiple google searches I found the information on buried within a non audio Mac forum that said it was a security issue in that you have to give permission for your program to access the “microphone”.  Apparently this is to stop it being used as a back door.  That’s not to suggest it’s the same problem some might be experiencing with the current software.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 10:46:19 PM »

I'm not a DVS user, but am slogging through Catalina on my new Macbook Pro which came with it.  Catalina seems to be Apple's Windows Vista. Part of the misery isn't Apple's fault - it wasn't Apple's fault that more than a year of warning that 32-bit support was going away went unheeded by third-party developers (cough, MOTU). That said, Catalina does truly suck.  I have spent the better part of this evening trying to get a playlist to sync to my phone. The playlist has 30 songs in it on the Mac, on the IPhone it has 20. After two hours of messing around I'm up to 26, and the missing four are all present on the phone.  The new "Music" app is thoroughly garbage. ITunes has been going down hill for the last several versions; this update is a new low.

On the plus side - the 16" MBP is truly awesome. I just wish it didn't force me to Catalina.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 10:46:19 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.