ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Hanging Microphones  (Read 1210 times)

Jack Morris...

Wireless Hanging Microphones
« on: December 09, 2019, 10:12:44 PM »

One of the groups I do sound for is a choral group of 70+ members. Normally we are in an auditorium, and depending on which specific venue we are in the acoustics are good to fair. We have been putting 4 wired handheld mics on short desktop stands along the stage apron for general reinforcement. Running the cable snake from where our equipment is to the stage has worked okay so far, but we are trying to figure out if we could use some type of wireless hanging microphone instead. We use wireless headsets as needed for individuals and small groups, so we figured it might work pretty well.

However, I looked around and have not seen any hanging mics that were wireless. So my 2 questions are, 1) does anyone know of any that are ?, OR (2) would it be possible to hang a wireless lavalier mic ? The hang distance is probably about 10 ft, so it is not real far, and the bar we would hang it from we can move up and down. And if anyone has any other suggestions, we are open to any idea that makes it easier.

Thanks

Tim Halligan

Re: Wireless Hanging Microphones
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 12:15:00 AM »

Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums
An analogue brain in a digital world.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber